Need help micro grow

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Grow42000, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Jsit brought a small tent 30x30x60 managed to squeeze one of my 300 w leds in there but now a need a fan for the air movement anyone have any suggestions ?? I would use a pc fan but idk how to hook it up to a plug

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Simply find an old DC power supply with the proper voltage (probably 12) and splice it up.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Just split the cord coming out of the fan itself and it should be two wires strip them both and hook one up to the positive side of a new plug and one up to the negative side of a new plug. It doesn’t matter which goes where.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Or would them pc usb fans do the job?? Saves me the trouble lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. You could do the exact same with usb fans but you must understand usb doesn’t put out as much power as plugging one into an outlet.

6. I forgot to mention, just popped into my head while building my micro Grow Box, make sure you use a plug that has a transformer on it. Such as a plug for a computer, beard trimmer, iPad( iPhone charger box is too weak), anything like that. My apologies for relating this information so late.

7. Better late thsn never hope he didnt fry himself plugging that pc fan up how u suggested.. lol he hasnt commented since..

8. I know. I take full responsibility. I actually popped a fan last night on my build and was wondering “why the hell?” Then I looked at my old build and realized where I was an idiot at. Wasn’t even thinking about the fact a 9V fan couldn’t handle 120V.