Need help matching wavyboards with driver

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by doobiemonster420, Jan 11, 2018.

1. figuring out what driver to order for 2 photon fantom wavyboard 240's is making my brain hurt. Ive never built a light before and even though i hate my house its the only one i have so i need advice and product recommendations! I was trying to decide between the PLED150W-071-C2100-D by TRC or the meanwell hlg-150h-36. Which one would be safest/most efficient? Are there any better drivers you would recommend? I run on usa current

2. Well, would it be worth asking the LED manufacturer which driver they recommend?

J

3. How many leds ?! And what kind of leds ? Are they surface mount of or are they "3w" leds ?! The driver will all depend on the forward voltage the leds draw. Figure out the voltage and then you source the driver needed.

Most likely will be a 36v or 48v psu/driver if youre gonna use the meanwell. The HLG's are nice,I used them and CLG's to power my saltwater tank leds. Which will be minorly repurposed for these plant purposes once my tank is shut down.

4. #4 doobiemonster420, Jan 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    I actually did ask for driver recomendations from him. I was going to pair it with a meanwell elg-150-c1200b, and i asked him if it would work but he said no and recomended the hlg-150-1200 (which doesnt exist). When i emailed him back telling him i couldnt find one he recomended the hlg-150-36. I never got a response from him whether or not TRP model would be more suitable.

5. That's strange. If a "HLG-150-c1200" would work than so would a ELG-150-c1200. That is some real sketchy advice from the seller. Also how are they not already prepared to answer that question? I hope you boards work out for you. All the best bud. P.s. I just bought elg drivers instead of hlg. They are both meanwell, I believe they hlg had more hand on building then automation. HLG has 7 year warranty and ELG has a 5 year warranty. I ordered 3 ELG drivers for the price of 2 HLG.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

6. WaVy Board 240
    I dont really understand the importance of volatage and amperage and all that other too much will make fire and too little might not even make the light work. You can find the most info about the light in the his shop link.

PLED150W-071-C2100-XX: 2100ma, 24-71 v/dc, 150w 90% efficiency.

7. From what i understand the reason he didnt recomend the elg is because the elg series is made to run on the 230v mains current thats common in europe and in the us our mains is 120v. I think the recommedation for the nonexistant driver was honest typo or mistake.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Both play a huge role in what can power all the smd's efficently and not over or under drive them. I'm sure the board has built in resistors,so I probably wouldn't worry about the leds popping if too much power was applied.

Have you looked at RapidLed to see if they have anything ? They recently started getting super nice psu's in stock.