Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Need help making a bong.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Stevo721, Dec 3, 2008.

1. I have this awesome 2 foot glass vase that I want to make into a bong. Usually what I would do is take a bic pen and bite the end up it until it's pliable and I have a metal pipe that fits perfectly airtight into the end of the pen, that's what makes up my joint. I always use this method for a plastic bottle though. I need some input as to how to form the hole at an angle in the vase?
    Any input greatly appreciated.

2. There are a number of ways you can do this, the easiest, safest and most effective is to use a drill bit that was made to go through glass and ceramics (glass drill bit). You can also use a diamond tipped drill bit but that is a lot stronger so you have to be careful not to apply to much pressure or you will shatter the vase. I have also heard that dremels can get the job done but I personally have never used that method so I can not attest to that.

The key to getting the hole is to apply steady pressure (although not too hard) and to be slow and patient. Also to help lower the chance of the vase cracking, you might want to cool the area with some water that is at room temperature, this helps to reduce the friction and allow for a smoother cut. Good luck and be careful, wearing protective googles is a good idea because you don't want a shard from the vase to go flying into your eye.

3. Would it be possible to drill into the flat side of the vase at an angle instead of straight through it?

4. Yes, although you would need to hold the vase in place somehow because the drill is going to want to shift the hole straight through making it quite difficult to do just by hand. Just apply constant pressure from the desired angle making sure that the drill bit doesn't slide, you shouldn't have much of a problem once you get the hole started.

5. I didnt readon after i saw you talking about a bic pen and a metal piece for the bowl. What i do when i make a bong and i have made quite a few is to adapt them to a slider. instead of making a bowl i make adownsteam and then use a regualr glas cheapy slide as the bowl . its a lot heathier and i belive it is more efective. good luck man

6. don't use plastic for a downstem.