Need help just started on my new aerogarden and my seed sprouted with a like webbing

Discussion in 'Aeroponics' started by BryanH912, Feb 17, 2013.

1. I recently bought an aerogarden and one of the seeds i put in ending up sprouting. Today i went to look at it closly and i noticed like this webbing or stickiy hair it looked like, i didnt touch it. I just wanna know if this at all normal im doubting it and im thinking I already fucked up after 3 days

2. I need a picture to be sure, might be mould

3. if you're talking about the roots this is perfectly normal. in aeroponics the roots wont look stringy like normal roots, they'll look very fuzzy.

4. I was thinking this too, but like i said before, i would have to see it to be sure

5. yeah, to be 100% sure we'd need a pic

6. This is normal Aeroponic Roots
    [​IMG]

7. ok yup thats what it looks like so this is normal by all means?

8. yep, your roots are all normal!

9. thank you man

10. Maybe make this a Sticky Administrator. Aeroponic roots can sometimes throw someone for a loop at first

11. It is common also for your seed pod to get covered with a white mold. DON'T WORRY. your plant will grow through it. Once it does just block the light going down the pod with some foil or something and it will go away.

12. I dont know about that. Any mold i have experience has resulted in my seedlings dampening off, but i am willing to admit it is possible

13. it happens but if the canopy is thick light wont hit the medium