Need help identifying white fluffy material

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Fightclub643, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Hero

This is my second time growing ever and something strange has happened. In the second week of flowering a white fluffy material has appeared at the base of so.e stems. I'm unsure if I'm just ignorant of the plants anatomy or if its mold. Please help pictures are attached received_394220237581193.jpeg received_394220237581193.jpeg received_394220230914527.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  2. whoa. I think it's a swollen node that's swelling more then I've ever seen before. Sometimes on big healthy plants, especially when I top them, I see lower nodes swell up about the size of a pea. Yours look like almost infected or something...mine usually look green. I don't think they're infected though lol. I think it's just a swelling caused by the nutes/water being pushed into those ares...and it's filling like a balloon.

I've had different molds before nothing ever looked like that.I'm interested to see how it looks later.

3. Scale insect

• Like Like x 2
  4. A insect called scale.

• Like Like x 1

5. Thank you so much. So would you recommend changing the nutes/water or amount there of or just keeping it the same and seeing what happens.

6. Thats an insect egg sac. Get it off!!! Get it off now!!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Yeah I've seen that on another forum now. After removal do you know of any preventive measures to help from continued or future infestation

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yes. Check your plants daily for infestation. I know it can be tedious, but it works. As far as preventing them from coming back, IDK. Maybe other blades can help answer that question. I am an outdoor grower and insects are inevitable.

• Like Like x 3
  9. I apologize if I misdiagnosed your issue. I thought it might be scaling at first but I've never seen scales cluster like that at an internode, nor could I find a similar pic. So I assumed it was just a crazy amount of internode swelling...

here's a pic of what I thought I was seeing..this is a pic of one of my smaller plants that's about 4 weeks in 12/12:
    126 001.JPG

plz keep us updated on how yours turns out..I'm curious about this issue. :)

10. So it's been a little over a week since I felt with my scale bug infestation I got rid of them by removing infected leaves and spraying with a mix.

1. Gallon of water
    2. 1 tablespoons of cooking oil
    3. 2 tablespoons of unsented baby shampoo
    4. 1 tablespoon of baking soda

I applied this one every third watering

The issue know is that my plants are so thin and Lanky because of a using a shitty cfl light.

So my new question is what nutrients should I be giving them to promote growth. Or any ideas on a new light. My budget is like $30

Attached Files:

11. Look up green cleaner

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

12. If ur budget is just 30.00 then I'd load up with more CFL's, but that will produce more heat obviously....if u can somehow stretch the budget a bit, Ledgle makes a LED that's very effective for about 65.00 or so...300w (156 true watts) and it has built in fans for cooling and a veg/bloom setting to get the proper spectrum throughout the entire grow

13. Update:

So the plants are doing quite well they have recovered fully and have began getting a lot fuller.

Things I've done since last time

1. I transplanted the plants into new soil with extra nutrients

This helped a lot they started looking healthier within days.

2. I updated my light setup I got the money and invested in a Marshydro mars 300 led light. I've only had that for 3 days so the growth has been noticeable it's still too early to tell true benefits.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Never to late to upgrade the lights....from wut I've heard, MarsHydro lights are very effective....u will be much more pleased than the CFL route...good to see u getting ur setup on the right track...now u will learn with each and every grow u do!!!!! Take care of them and they will look much better now sir!!!

15. S.O.S please help

The plants where doing fine but one of the pots we had the plants in was cracked and eventually broke so we quickly switched them into two new containers but we had to use new soil are there any nutrients that we can use to save them

Attached Files:

16. I found this out the hard way . . the cheaper you go, the more money you spend.

• Like Like x 2