Need help identifying what's eating leaves. Pics!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Killachris02, Mar 19, 2017.

1. #1 Killachris02, Mar 19, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
    Greetings fellow Grasscity growers, writing to you today to see if anyone can help with some insight on what could be eating my plants!? I've got two feminized northern lights plants that have been vegging for 4 weeks now. Three days ago is when i first initially noticed the bites. never notice anything during light hours so my guess is they eat at night. I've checked under leaves for mites and don't see anything. On the other hand I have been dealing with a fungus gnat problem, but could they be the culprit ? Are fungus gnats known to eating plants like this? I also have noticed one leaf that was affected by two leaf miners. I pressed down on them two days ago and haven't noticed them mining anymore. Any tips or advice would be highly appreciated. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. found a dead moth on the floor. could it have laid microscopic caterpillars?

3. some kind of pest forsure

4. bump. would i need a magnifying glass or some special color flash light at night?

5. Leaf miners are larvae and can be from moths. The reason you can't see them is because they're inside your leaves, not on them.

6. Is there more than one type of leaf miners? Or do they all leave trails? Some leaves have bite marks starting from the tip working its way down towards the stem with no trail. If so how do you eradicate in a organic grow?

7. This should answer all your questions.
    How to Get Rid of Leaf Miners on Cannabis Plants | Grow Weed Easy