Need help identifying this problem

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by nero, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Hello. I used to have a good size grow going but I got fungus gnats from bringing a plant outside, and bringing back in. They destroyed everything. I think I have somewhat of the same thing now, but I really need to identify, and then get more tips on how to get rid of this problem.

These are a few of my new plants. I had cleaned everything before I started this new grow, but I am having problems almost immediately again. Stunted growth, and growing deformities. I have fly sticky paper out and I have caught some little bugs which I think were gnats, but this looks like a problem of another kind.

I have used Neem seed meal for a topping, and I sprayed using Mighty bomb 2 weeks ago. This week I sprayed with a light Dawn soap solution, 1 small drop for a gallon of water. The few days after each spraying, they seem to do slightly better, but nothing seems to work that great.

Any advice on what to try next?
    Anyone know exactly what is causing these issues?

Pics attached

Attached Files:

2. What type of medium; soil or hydro? Oceanforest Soil
    What brand and type of soil? ...
    Indoors or outdoors? Indoors
    What strain? NL cross with bag seed male
    How old are the plants? 3 weeks
    What type of lights and how many watts? 1 400w Mars hydro
    How far from the lights? 22"
    What is your watering frequency and source of water? I watered 2 times so far
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK? 1 watering was straight water, the second was with root enhancements
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro? not sure
    What are the temps and humidity in the room? 70 degrees, not sure on humidity
    What size pots? 1 gallon
    Any bugs? Look real close. Pretty sure there are Gnats, just unsure if there are any other kinds
    Any other pertinent info? Had fungus gnats in a previous grow that destroyed everything.

3. Nobody has any ideas at all?

4. Could you post pictures with out the blurple light

Sent from my Cellular communication device using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. awwhh poor plants, 3 Weeks Old and only Watered 2 Times ?
    I would expect a pot your size to need water every 3 days.

Do your pots have drainage / air holes ?
    Its unlikely you have Gnats if you have only watered 2 times in the 3 weeks, Gnats like a constantly wet top soil.
    To Kill Gnats - Keep the top inch of soil dry and Sprinkle some damascus earth on the soil.

I'd guess you have spidermites or some other pest and are seriously underwatering.

6. I thought it was very weird that they have grown about 8 inches since the last watering. I ALWAYS water when they start drooping because they pop back up like champions after that. However, since I think there are eggs in the soil, I have been trying to wait it out and try to dry them out a little bit, but they just keep growing with no water. Seems a little weird to me. But these pots work fine, I used them for 3 years prior, using the same techniques and never had a problem until I brought that one plant outside for the first time, and basically destroyed everything i've ever worked for.

I don't think I'm underwatering unless they show signs of needing it. I have had a problem with overwatering in the past, so I am trying to keep that to a minimum.

Thank you for your response.