Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Need help identifying something on my buds! PICS

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by El Brossidente, Jan 25, 2009.

1. SEMS is right. I thought it was mold at first glance as well, but it looks like spider mite eggs on second glance.

2. Good to be a grower sometimes eh? :p

Soon as i heard spider eggs i figured, spider mites haha, i hate them :devious:

3. Me too. Thankfully I haven't had an infestation in over 10 years *knocks on wood*

4. + Rep for solving the mystery SEMS. By the way, you are way to smart

5. Lol not to smart, almost ;):p

6. #46 smutpeddler, Jan 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2009
    i can tell you arent used to being told that youre wrong. take a look at this thread maybe you will start believing that everybody here who said that is mold, is right. i think i would agree with the fungi growing experts. damn dude, you had a spider mite infestation and you dont even know what one looks like. sorry youre confused, its ok.
    link-http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/8711882

7. Dude, i know what spider mites look like lmfao

And i agree it could be mold still, after finding this pic
    But i still stick to my statement after seeing the "mold" suspended above
    shadows in his pic.
    http://files.shroomery.org/files/08-27/536793190-mold.jpg

8. might be eggs, might be fungus. id cut off the outside part of the bud, or burn it at least (without inhaling the smoke..)

9. Like I said I thought it was mold too at first, but now I am leaning more towards eggs. I've had both problems over the decades...thankfully neither for quite some time.

10. It's definitely spider mites, i have the proof.

Visible web and eggs in this pic.
    [​IMG]

11. Oh, damn dude, seems you were wrong.

And quick to go offline.

12. spider mites dont just walk into your bag and lay eggs on your buds. this has happened due to curing the bud before it was properly dried. the webs as you would call them are just another type mold that has helped the yellow mold set up camp.
    seriously girlfriend, you neednt go on with this any further. ive dealt with this exact issue. that is some moldy bud that im sure anybody who knows anything about growing and mold would agree with. i like how you all are like, "yeah i think thats spider mites too, i agree with girlfriend over there". im not looking at this thread again. you won girlfriend. youre right. you know the ways of the spidermite.
    WAIT, it is possible that maybe the spidermites brought the mold with them. maybe we are both right. mold carrying spider mites LOL.

13. dont even know why i looked at this thread in the firstplace. seems like noob territory. i should be in recreational use.:wave:

14. Lmfao, you never know man.

But the spider mites may have made their web etc and stayed with the buds through
    the drying and curing process, you never know. If it was mold i would expect to
    see some sort of patchy infection, you know? but its just those lil yellow balls that
    resemble the other mold/eggs, i hate this , lets not argue there is no point :smoking:

15. There is only one way to settle this.

ISOLATE THE YELLOW OBJECTS AND SEE IF THEY HATCH OVER TIME!

16. It could be insect poop, or some dried eggs.

17. honestly. that looks nasty. don't fucking smoke it and don't go back to that dealer again.

18. #58 Iluvatar, Jan 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2009
    I still think it looks kinda like slime mold. Its just kinda odd that its all in little balls.

So that spider mite thing looks more valid I suppose.

I just can't fucking believe you smoked that, that was a really stupid move man

19. Wow, lot of talk! I think Sems is right, but I also think it was the best of both worlds: There's a definite mould smell. I could smell it in the jar, then it was stronger on the actual buds.

This stuff has been so harsh to smoke the whole time, but it's been a great high. We have kept switching bongs thinking they are dirty and making the smoke harsh, feel so fucking stupid now.

The buds didn't look like this when we got them, but as I said they did weigh heavy and were hard to chop so I suspected they were damp and hadn't been dried properly. The dealer weighed out all his 20's and stuff at our house etc. So like I said it's just whatever he gets is all there is.

But yeah those later pics Sems posted, the little yellow balls on hairs, that's exactly it. My brother said he's seen similar growths on screen doors and clotheslines.

So last night my brother got a quarter and came over. Same guy, because he's our only guy, same price, and this stuff is outragious. After trying to smoke this nasty stuff, we were taking massive milked bong loads of the new stuff and it was beautifull. I'll get some pics up soon, it was mainly one big bud which weighed 6.6 I think.

So just need to inspect closer from now on. But I definitely know what the bud is going to be like: Damp, heavy, hard to chop, not a strong smell, and in the extreme look for those little yellow balls!

After smoking the new stuff, we threw this shit out. Thought about selling it to kids, but nah, that's way too cruel. Just have to lose the $30 - $40 or whatever worth we had left.

Thanks for all the help and discussion guys. Happy to share this experience with some sympathising smokers, haha.

20. Highlight of this thread!