Need help identifying problem

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by BloodClartBob, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Hi growers, I'm having trouble with my northern lights plant, I switched from led to hps and for the first few days she loved it. But now she is looking droopy and leaves are curling down, I gave her a good water this morning as she was a little dried out what is the likely hood of a speedy recovery?

Attached Files:

2. Still all green she will probably pull thru give her some time to bounce back how often do you water?

3. Check her in 30 minutes then update please

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Before switchng to hps it was every 3-4 days but since hps its every 2 days

5. That sounds pretty frequent even under hps, id let her dry out see if she perks back up could just be over watered

6. How often would you suggest she seems to dry out quite quickly sorry for all the questions it's my first grow haha

7. How do you check for dryness? Youre good thats what this sites for man i can talk about this shit all day its my pleasure

• Like Like x 1
  8. Well because I only just switched to the hps iv never really had to check she was looking really strong then I put the hps in Friday and she's not taking to it well, iv got a new fan on the way to try and cool the tent cause I'm worried the soil may be dying out before she's using up all the water

9. There's an update photo

Attached Files:

10. This is how she is looking today

Attached Files:

11. Looks like shes comin back looks better than she did yesterday no question

12. Still a bit worried about her cause she's looking a little better but there's something still not right

Attached Files:

13. Like should the leaves near the top be so curled under? Should the leaves be a pail dry looking green, could it be a deficiency as I have used no nuets up to this point, I have 3 seedlings in the same tent that are doing great so I don't think it is my environment do you think giving it some weak nuets will help? Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

14. Looks like you need a bigger pot for that, it may be a bit root bound, I had my NL in 28 gal pots under a 600w hps and was feeding 3x a week and watering 1.5 gal every other day going into flower up until the last 2 weeks. 20190529_102950.jpg

15. That would make sence tbf, I had some advice off a friend to transplant to a 10l pot which I did seems its still not big enough . And feeding 3 times a week? Isn't that a bit excessive?

16. By the way can I just say how great that plant looks, I aim to grow plants like this one day, I suppose for my 1st grow iv ran into no big problems just yet

17. How far are your lights from the canopy/top of the plant? If your soil is drying out too quick you can add a cover, like gravel, mulch stone etc to protect it.
    Checking for dryness use the knuckle rule and or pick up the pot when you've watered. Feel the weight and then keep picking her up to check. When shes light She's dry.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

18. I started off at a quarter of the reccomend dose on the nutes and worked my way up to full dose, they were flushed every other 2 weeks up until flower when I started to switch to my flower nutes and those were given every other watering up till week 6, then flushed again and just given clean water till harvest. They loved it. My outdoor garden gets nutes 3x a week following the directions on the nutes, these are 100 dollar a bottle nutes so I'm not straying from what's labeled. I've read a few things about these nutes causing a fast burn if not careful. Looking today I see um about ready to go to the 15 gallon pots this week, but weather isn't looking good till later this week.

19. Looks like my Blueberry Kush plant, it's new growth comes in all curled and a light green for the first couple days then turns a nice green with thick leaves. 15631969530748854249655640419857.jpg 15631969913687069374429037639226.jpg the second pict is a NL hybrid, they also start off a pale green.

20. That's for the reply guys I got a 36L pot today so she can let her roots go haha will post update in a day or so