Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Need help identifying my recent purchase...

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by sideman, Sep 8, 2011.

1. #1 sideman, Sep 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2011
    Please excuse me for registering just so I can ask this question (but if I like it here I might stick around as I'm a pretty big fan of weed). Anyway, there's really nobody else I know to ask this, but my recent purchase concerns me enough to put the question out there. Countless Google searches have turned up no answers at all, so I come here. And I hope to have a picture up soon but for now I can describe it.

First of all, it's from a long time and always dependable connect (known him even longer as a friend). Let's just get that out of the way. That's what makes this case even more unusual.

The "weed" has no discernible bud in it, but rather looks like clusters of very tiny flakes in green/dark green/brown/blackish, also with some thin sticks in there (stems?), and patches of "fur" in the color of biege. The clusters are covered in these tiny hairs, and they seem to be coated in a glaze, and they are hard, and when I separate them I can see sticky residue coming apart. Also, there is nothing close to a traditional scent, it moreso smells like candy. I was told it's blueberry kush.

Honestly, I'm sorry if the answer is obvious but I have no clue what this is. My guess is either it's old and covered in mold, or it's some sort of cannabis concoction that somebody cooked up, like granola or something. My connect/friend told me he smoked it, got high, but suffered from a huge headache afterward. Hours later he seemed perfectly fine.

Please, can somebody offer any kind of insight?

2. You have good shit. Enjoy.

3. The description of how it looks sounds like mids, but then you said its got red hairs, so I'm thinkin its Beasties. Beasties is like your standard commercial buds with decent color and red hairs. Google image it, haha. Its probably just some good mids, but with the exotic smell and being told its blueberry kush (although all the blueberry kush ive had was dense bright green buds with coffee colored hairs), it may be some good buds that weren't dried properly. Who knows bro, a picture would help. Hope I helped :smoke:

4. [​IMG]
    Heres an accurate image of blueberry kush for reference :)

5. #5 Joe Kickass, Sep 8, 2011
    Since you think it might be moldy I would really take a good pic of it and show us just to be safe. And your dealer said it gave him a headache so that's also a red flag. But that said, mold doesn't smell like candy.

What you are describing sounds a lot like shake if there are no large buds in it. Shake is usually about half the price of bud for the same weight. Have you ever seen shake to compare it to? (Basically very little buds and lots of leaf trim)

The "glaze" on it kind of sounds worrying unless you are talking about the "frosty" looking trichomes. (Very small white hairs) Large orange hairs are generally a good thing, but they should look like prickely plant hairs with trichomes on them, not smooth like dog or people hair.

Maybe your friend keeps his bud right next to the cinnamon bun box and reaches in there with sticky fingers? :D

Aside:

I love Jimi quotes, my fave is this one:

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
    -Jimi Hendrix

6. Man I really wish it looked like that, but it doesn't even look like bud, that's my big concern. I say it doesn't look like bud cause there are no actual buds OR leaves. Plus, what's with the big puffy patches of fur?

My camera doesn't have the right lens for a real close pic, but I'll see what I can do.

7. Haha. Nah it is def like a cinnabon type of glistening glaze. I've had shake before and that was loose leaves and smelled good like how it's supposed to. What I have is real compacted, pretty much held together with the "glaze" and when I separate it, it leaves what looks like syrup on my fingers.

8. Pics would solve this mystery

9. ..........

10. This is some shit...patches of fur...wait wait...maaybe your dealer is also a taxidermist...and he bags his bud up on his defurring table

11. and what you're describing is some fucked up conconction, If I were you (which Im not) I would not smoke that shit. Take several pics from different angles, and post them here for research purposes, ya dig?

12. Well, first make sure to smell it real good to make sure it's not bacteria (smells like sweat and changing rooms). But I would bet a lot that the glaze is seriously a food glaze, I would taste a lil bit of it to see if it's sugary. If it is, that's a lil gross but no worries.

The ball of fuzz/hair is the only other odd thing, is it a ball of weed hairs like you can get with shake? Or does it look like fur or animal fluff?

If you know what a weed hair looks like and the fuzz ball isn't made up of them I would say it can be safely thrown away. But like I said, smell smell smell, it could be fungus if it smells damp or sickly sweetish...

13. This really is the best quality I could get, sorry, but this is the "fur" (this nug is the size of a penny):
    ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

"Sickly sweetish" is a good way to describe the smell. I tasted the sticky and it's sweet, and if I remember correctly does in fact taste like cannabis butter that I had years ago.

14. What the fack

15. Idk if i would smoke that

16. #17 treelover, Sep 8, 2011
    I ..would not smoke that haha
    It almost looks like brick mids covered in sugar...
    I don't..
    I don't even know maybe they cooked shake,bits, into butter and left it as is?
    Or its covered in mold..
    Or I don't know..
    Just..wow.
    Edit:why would you pay for that lol?

17. Yeah man I know I'm like baffled haha. :confused::eek::smoking:

18. This guy is fucking with us. Seriously troll alert. No one in the whole world is dumb enough to buy that. Its like fucking granola dipped in maple syrup.

But yea whatever it is, is completely covered in mold that white fuzz is most certainly mold. If this was weed at some point it isn't anymore throw it away and go fight your "friend" because I would totally get my money back.