Need help growing/figuring out what's wrong

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by evilpea, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Okay this is my first try so don't laugh, I need help figuring out what I've done wrong... I have this clone, g99 I think, it was doing great and looked good but then all of a sudden started dropping and dieing. Here's the conditions, I have an invented hood with hps bulb on a 17 on 7 off timer a box fan on 1 about 2 feet from plant temp is a little troublesome but never gets over 86-87 degrees the trouble really started when I started using miracle grow nutrient solution at a pH of 5.5 to 6.5 but the plant was looking great for a week after starting with it, but then I accidently left the room light on, not 20170713_190400.jpg grow light, overnight to find a nearly dead plant the next morning but I didn't think the light would matter that much because I have heard you could leave them on 24/7 during vegatative state please help me figure out what I'm doing wrong I will see if I can upload a pic and I am going back to regular tap water till told otherwise...

2. Never use miracle grow, its garbage. Im a first time grower myself but at the least use fox farm products

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  3. Heat stress 86-87 way too hot need that down to 70-80 they can handle afew degrees different also your soil looks like some trash if anything at least get organic soil add perlite and feed nutes or foxfarm ocean forest and perlite your growing in chemicals and have no drainage and your basically doing everything you can to kill them

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

4. Hps without ac your asking your plant to have a heat stroke why don't you spend 24hrs in the tent with it would you be comfortable Its highly doubtful if your not comfortable the plants won't be either

5. Lol there's one thing you can guarantee if you post here, if you say you use mg you'll get people saying don't use it. I've used it (during veg only) and had good results. However in this case if that's the only thing that changed then maybe go back to how it was before until it recovers. Honestly to me it doesn't look lie a nutes problem. And as far ad your light accidentally being left on for 24h that will in no way have a detrimental effect unless your Temps went out of control. I veg all my plants 24/7. You do have drainage right?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

6. It would be better to start over I bought from nirvana.com and ordered short rider its a fast growing auto flower plant great for first timers. Go on amazon grab a mars hydro 300 watt led light and a grow tent. Finally grab some fox farm ocean forest and a oh meter for to test ur water and so ph buffers and you will have a amazing grow

• Like Like x 1
  7. I'll stop using miracle grow, I can't do anything about the heat like I said it's an unvented, auto correct screwed me earlier I'll try to fix it, hood. I'm looking into solutions so far the cheapest I've come up with is borrowing a 6" 4x12 from down stairs and using it for the room upstairs, I was under the impression 85 was the max u wanted them at... The plant was seriously doing great until I left the room light on it really was. The soil probably is crap it was the cheapest bag they had, but I also use the no burn plant nutrient balls that looks like bb's.

8. Ph* meter, sorry for all the mistakes getting used to a new phone

9. Yes it does have drainage that's what the plates are for to catch the overage, my light is set to 600 watts because that was where it kept the temp right at 85, the max I thought, I'll drop it back down to 400 and drop the temp to help it out until I nurse it back to health and figure out a cooling system....

10. I don't have a tent I have a 15x15 room

11. And like I said I'm looking into getting more ac in that room plus I can turn the watts down to 400 to run around 80 degrees light on but I'm greedy I want to be able to crank it up to 1000 ;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lol think about what the plants want if your uncomfortable they are too

13. I don't need sunshine to live like it does it's hard to say what it's comfortable with cause when I walk into the room at 85 degrees it feels comfortable to me so....

14. What kind of soil are you using? How often have you been watering? I would also steer clear of miracle grow...not really suited for cannibis as its N is high. If you do use it I would use it VERY sparingly. Honestly the Fox Farms nutrient trio (Big Bloom, Grow Big, & Tiger Bloom) are super easy to use and pretty damn cheap on amazon. I'd use their Ocean Forest soil as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Obiously you don't know very much about plants drop the hammer da they need light what are you doing other than light your heat stressing them you don't want temps over 83 and 70-80 is ideal you also don't want big fluctuations you want to keep cannabis is a steady environment it's a tropical plant doesn't mean it won't hermi or die with too much heat and not enough water if your uncomfortable inside the grow area so are the plants is the easiest way for you to know if there happy hps are garbage without ac fans and tons of water I use led and produce as much as a 1000watt hps this grow I've cleared just short of 2lbs I'm a 4x4 area and still have 2 more to finish my led is only 710 watts and it's beating your 1100+ watts all day and temps stay between 72-79 consistently my buds not as tight as hps but my weight quality has improved significantly over hps I didn't believe this was possible but I clear 1 gram per watt minum

16. Well I was using crap 2$ bag soil, but here is what I have done and it's everything I will be able to do for it, I went to home Depot and got the expensive organic crap changed the soil but noticed the soil in it was still surprisingly very wet from the other day when i watered it, which lead me to believe it may have been getting to much water to so I'm using one of those globes you fill and it self waters, I turned the light down to 400 watts, and did away with the miracle grow and am sticking to just no burn plant food bb's so now the room is 78'ish, new soil, and regular tap water ph'ed at 5.5-6.5 I've done all I can do it's up to the plant to survive now... Thank all of you for the suggestions.

17. The heat is high but you can still grow in that range just fine . I've grown in 95 degree rooms and 125 degree greenhouses . Your problem is ph is off and your fan is to close , that's wind burn your seeing back the fan off a bit . And change that soil get some better drainage going on . Peace.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. Also yea no miracle grow , raise your water ph to 6.8 for a bit . And get rid of the globe . You want your soil to dry almost completely before you water again .

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  19. Exactly. Globe is no good for weed. Just water every other day or so and feed every other watering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Okay gotcha thanks again, my water is 7 where I'm at and my kit isn't sensitive enough to give an exact number so 5.5-6.5,or yellow'ish, is the best I can do.