Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Need help getting through to parents!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by htaran, Aug 10, 2012.

1. dude just do what this man said. Most logical reccomendation on the page. I mean your an adult, they dont control what you do outside their roof. If they say no to you smoking tell them you wont even bring the shit into theyre homes. And like really dont. Your 19 you should be able to smoke someplace they cant find out. Tell them your an adult but you will not involve their house or your relationship with weed. And then, just like smoke a bit less. Take like a full week or two off, get the heat off ya. And dont try to convince them dont ever let the topic even be a conversation because they will never be convinced so your just diggin yourself a hole trying to.

2. 1.) If you smoke everyday, you're more than likely to be mentally AND physically addicted. (Don't believe the nuts that think weed isnt addictive it is and there are small withdrawals insomnia, lack of appetite, uneasiness)

2.) Respect your parents and stop smoking under their roof you're 19 it's time to grow up and listen.

3. I cant believe the disrespect in this thread... IT IS HIS PARENTS HOME IF THEY DONT WANT HIM SMOKING UNDER THEIR ROOF, THE BRAT SHOULD RESPECT THAT. If you want to smoke so damn bad take a walk and go smoke, also dont store your shit in their house.

4. I'd like to see some proof.

5. Name calling isn't allowed here. I'm sure you were the perfect child huh?

6. Can you elaborate? Sources? :confused:

7. Documentaries

8. Do your own research guy, I'm not your maid. By the way I'm pro marijuana so im obviously not biased.. Why would I lie?

9. #30 KeepTheCycle, Aug 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2012
    Sorry if you lil buggers get your feelings hurt because I called him a brat.

May have not been perfect, but I knew how to respect the people that have done everything for me such as disciplining me, getting me to college, sheltering me the list goes on. There is no reason to think you have ANY A N Y right to smoke in your parents home after they EXPLICITLY told you not to. This isn't a little thing like staying up past your bed time, it's a felony (whether it should be or not) you're putting the people that are allowing you to stay at home during college in peril. Now who is the selfish one? Your parents because they wont let you smoke under their roof, or you?

10. "Do your own research guy, I'm not your maid. By the way I'm pro marijuana so im obviously not biased.. Why would I lie?"

Dont trust everything you read on here. Probably half the "studies" and "journals" that are on Granny Storm Crow's list (Which has A LOT of good) are usually iffy and dodgy, if not falsified all together. It's a strong statement, but I'm confident when I say it. I really hope this doesnt leave a bad taste in your mouth.. I'm just trying to expose you to your own bias.

11. How is he putting them in peril, exactly?

Don't try to make a point if you have no proof to back it up. It doesn't matter if you are pro marijuana or not.

Seems like you are the one getting your feelings hurt because he is smoking in his parent's house. Oh well. If my parents wouldn't give me a fucking chance to explain my side of why weed isn't bad then I'd do it to. It's their fault, not his.

12. [quote name='"htaran"']
    ^ yeah thanks for the link but I've tried most of that I tried to get them to sit down for the Union with a promise that I would watch any documentary they wanted and within 5 minutes my parents turned it off saying it was stoner propaganda. They then proceeded to show me more Dr. Drew that I had already seen as evidence that marijuana is bad. Well here is an update though of what is going down.
    So I promised I would take a 2 week break and that is almost up though I plan on smoking this weekend but hey I think I proved to them that I'm not addicted just dependent a little. They are trying to make me sign the legal contract which now says I will not have weed in the house or around the house (this includes my car) and I was like fuck that and I didn't sign it. They are now threatening to remove the door to my room and the bathroom. I just told them go ahead. I think that they are realizing that they are completely outrageous because I run 7 miles every other day. What smoker can say they do that. I am defeating their arguments with logic, scientific research, and example. I am going to win and they are going to back down I can feel it. They have no ammunition left. I will update further with how the next couple of weeks go.[/quote]

Wow there ignorant no offense... Im suprised they havent threatened to kick you out. But i wouldnt keep anything in the car lol i just learned my lesson or still learning you can say lol..

13. It is much more than they just not wanting me to smoke under their roof they have gone out of their way to ostracize me for my adult decisions. The contract that I not smoke in the house is completely fair it is their house. I was more pissed along the line of the car part because it is my car and in a couple of weeks I will be paying for insurance. They have threatened my whole way of life by withholding money from me before which I won in a lawsuit when I was a child. I am by all definition an almost perfect child I got good grades in high school, got into a decent university, abide by until now almost every retarded fucking rule they have ever placed. They are willing to throw all my dreams in the toilet just to get me to stop smoking pot. This is no longer a matter of respect it is all out war. If they are willing to sabotage their near perfect relationship with their son that is their issue that they will have to live with. I know this is much more intense than what I have posted before but this is what has been happening over the last year this contract That I am talking about now is just the latest installment of a 8 month battle.

14. [quote name='"htaran"']

It is much more than they just not wanting me to smoke under their roof they have gone out of their way to ostracize me for my adult decisions. The contract that I not smoke in the house is completely fair it is their house. I was more pissed along the line of the car part because it is my car and in a couple of weeks I will be paying for insurance. They have threatened my whole way of life by withholding money from me before which I won in a lawsuit when I was a child. I am by all definition an almost perfect child I got good grades in high school, got into a decent university, abide by until now almost every retarded fucking rule they have ever placed. They are willing to throw all my dreams in the toilet just to get me to stop smoking pot. This is no longer a matter of respect it is all out war. If they are willing to sabotage their near perfect relationship with their son that is their issue that they will have to live with. I know this is much more intense than what I have posted before but this is what has been happening over the last year this contract That I am talking about now is just the latest installment of a 8 month battle.[/quote]

If i were you i would get a job and move out. That is the easiest solution to this whole situation.

I had the same issue with my parents and they got off my case because i work, pay my bills, and they never have to give me a dime for anything. And on top of that i give them money to help out. But i recently got arrested so theyre back on my case.

15. I would sign the paper and wait until you move out to start again. Don't risk losing a college education to weed.

16. I think you should just move out and not talk to them anymore if they can't accept it. Punish them for not listening to you, and they will realize their mistake.

17. Them fighten words....

18. Not sure if KeepTheCycle is trolling or is just a genuine douche...

Either way he should be ignored until he can provide some evidence to back up his claims, because at the moment the odds are heavily stacked against him.

19. Update: well i did everything my parents wanted. I was at work with my brothers car because my car wouldn't start this morning and my parents went through all my shit when I was gone. I came home looked in my car and noticed my stash spot was torn open so I went inside and they flat out told me someone broke into my car. I was like bull shit and I went into their room and opened my dads nightstand and to my surprise their was my weed and dragon lite. I took it back. I am running HTC tomorrow and I was hoping I could smoke before my 4.2 mile leg but now that's probably not going to happen. Now they are telling me that I can keep my stuff in the garage in a lockbox that just I have the key to. They just don't want it in the house or my car.

It's still bullshit but I think It's a win at the same time.

I'm still mad that they went through my car but I don't know they are getting counseling for how to deal with me and I think the counselor is on my side.