Need help germinating seeds...help...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by zoomatl, Sep 24, 2006.

1. Im germinating white widow seeds ...i put them in paper towels till the cracked and i could see the root...then i put them in rockwool cubes that i soaked in distilled water...root part down...i put those in plasick cups with wholes punched in the bottom and when the little leaves came up i put them under the floros...but they sont look soo good ...i did the same think with some bag seed but stuck them in a pot of miracle grow soil and the came up and were looking very healthy afre only 2 days ...these have been in the rock wool for 4 days and they look very scrawny...is there something im doing wron ...please help these seeds cost a fortune:hello:

2. Pictures would help alot if you have a cam ?

3. i dont have a cam ...bet even the little seed shell is still stuck on some of the sprouts and doesnt look like it coming off and one of the 5 seeds i planted has grown a root but the seed is still mostly intact

4. Hmm Ok's:

The cubes, they have enough nutrients to support a plant for about 2 weeks. In those 2 weeks the roots wil fully poke out of the bottom or sides, only then do you put it in soil.

And you can put it right under a light right away, why not. If anything the CFL will shine on it before you get a chance to notice it popping out of the cube.

If you put it in soil, and you water it, unless you water the cube directly it wont receive enough water (water has to drain through the soil into the cube).

You can not drown the plant while its in the cube. Leave like
    ---------
    ---------
    much water on the bottom of whatever the cube is sitting on (tupperware). constant water supply = happy plant.

And dont fert it for the first 2-3 weeks. And even then keep it on a lower scale, you'll overfeed it and kill it.

hmm

and if the shells on it, gently pull it off, or wait till it gets a bigger... not all seeds survive, I actualy have the widow as well and the first 3/4 seeds were bad. I messed up because I put the cube in the soil too soon, and the others were just sick plants. Now its ok :S

5. thanks ... i just checked on them this morning ...and they still look the same i guess im rushing it ...i started germination on wednesday of last week 9-20....and at this point the tallest is 3/4 inch ......when i put some bag seed in the miracle growpotting mix they were like 3 inches in the same amount of time but i guess they were stretching . i just dont want to goof up these expensive seeds and this is my first time with rock wool.