Need help from experts! Trinity and NYCD

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by uberkush, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Cant figure this problem out with my plants... think it may be a calcium deficiency but every fucking site and picture i look at online makes me second guess or change my mind. Need help from someone who knows for sure! Thanks guys

First pic is trinity kush second two are nycd

Attached Files:

2. It looks like a Mag deficiency.

3. Thats what i thought at first because of the brown dots but some websites said that was calcium others said magnesium. I fed with molasses because i dont have calmag or anything and this is what they look like three days after that.

4. Man buddy I dont want to confuse you but I see this happening a lot and it just happened to me again for the 2nd time. What often in pictures looks like a deficiency of C/Mg can also very easily be actually too much of it already. I have this same thing right now with a NYC Diesel/Jackberry cross and I'm pissed about it. Have you already and recently added nutes to them? If so, you may want to just flush. You'll lose those leaves no matter what you do, but you can straighten out the rest of the new growth.

5. Two waterings ago i flushed all the plants. Then last time i fed them with molasses. I was thinking of feeding with epsom salts this morning...
    And I had this happen before too at the end of flowering with an unknown plant its pretty annoying not being able to figure out what it is.

6. Do u monitor ur PH reading. What type of feed do you use and what about ur soil what does it contain?

7. I dont monitor the runoff because its yellowish and i use an indicator solution. The water i put in the plant is ph'd to around 6.5. I use mg bloom booster at 1/4 to 1/2 strength. My soil is peat moss vermiculite and perlite with about a cup of worm castings mixed in. I think i forgot to put in the dolomite lime which is probably why im having this problem.

Also this morning fed one of the NYCD and her buds look somewhat fatter after today. The leaves still look really bad though so its too soon to tell.

8. ...Well remember, those leaves are fucked anyway and will die off so concentrate on the new growth and the buds. If you buds are swelling that means you dont have any shock issues.

9. Yeah the youngest leaves look greener this morning, hopefully i fixed the problem... if not ill be back on here.

10. Im still taking suggestions! I feel like their gonna die soon if i dont fix this

11. That looks like a phosphorus deficiency to me. Calcium defs have pin sized rust spots, much smaller than what I can see on your pics and mag defs kill the leaves a little differently LOL

Usually ph can lock out easily phosphorus in hydro.

The worm casting alone do not make enough for soil culture in the mix you have IMO, I believe you are essentially in a soiless medium so if you ph your nutes to 5.8 you'll see a world of difference within a week.

Here's a lockout chart, look at the hydro one on the bottom and note the P lockout above 5.8

Hope this helps!

[​IMG]

12. Thanks for the reply! That was my next guess thanks for confirming it. Tomorow im gonna test the ph runoff and feed phosphorous