Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Anxiety Need Help For Severe Anxiety, Sick Of Meds

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by KaseemAli81, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Hello Everyone,
    I am new to this forum, and I joined to hopefully be able to find help to my medical issues. I suffer from severe anxiety, and chronic abdominal pain due to pancreatitis complications. I have been prescribed pharmaceuticals for over a decade now for my anxiety. You think or name any medications, and I have been prescribed it ie Zoloft, Xanax, Ativan, Klonopin, Wellbutrin, Lexapro, Lyrica, Pristiq, Paxil etc. I know that these prescription medications are slowly ruining me, and I feel like a zombie and always sick everyday. Also, I have been prescribed heavy painkillers for my chronic pain as well such as Hydrocodone and Tramadol.

I live in Texas, so unfortunately marijuana is still outlawed here, so my options are limited as to medicinal marijuana. I have ordered some CBD oils online, but unfortunately neither of them were effective at all. I was hoping that on this forum I would be able to get some advice, assistance and guidance on options that I can try and obtain.

Thank you in advance for your help and guidance to help with my journey to slowly substitute these terrible prescription medications.

2. I'm assuming you have no options in regard to strains. I would read PsychedelicSam's Another Tincture thread at the top of the Incredible Edibles section. I know it's very long, but there is an index in the front to guide you and folks don't minds answering questions as the thread is so long. If I were you I would process the tincture down to oil and combine with a small amount of coconut oil to make capsules. Try one before you cap them all up so you know what dosage you need. Blends of different tinctures often work well. You could also just use the tincture as is. I wish you the best of luck. I also am in a non medical state and don't even see a Medical Marijuana Program in the next ten years, but I sure hope I'm wrong. Oh, don't forget the decarb step and tincture is usually dispensed in drops. See how it affects you and go slowly.

3. hey Kaseem- Sorry to hear you are having really bad issues. I have been on Xanax for a while and I've been tapering off. The Ativans and Xanax of the world often times stop working and can make things worse. If you ever try discontinuing do not go Cold turkey. You may want to check out the benzobuddies forum online. I personally take CBD drops from Charlottes web daily advanced and MMJ various strains which has helped me taper off Xanax. I use MMJ to help with my PTSD and anxiety and pain. I think the CBD stuff really works better in conjunction with something with THC.
    if you go to benzo buddies and set up an account you can PM people. There's lots of really cool helpful folks on there. I definitely recommend MMJ , it has helped me way more than any pharma drug, and much safer. I was in rough shape for months because of pharma drugs prescribed by the VA. Can't wait to be off.