Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Need help for a friend

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ChikenNooby, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Me and my tight group of friends (3 other guys) started smoking all at the same time about a year ago and we still constantly blaze with each other. This past May I was with my group and about 5 other guys blazing outside where it was at least 90. Out of nowhere one of my friends started turning pale and then passed out on the ground for 10 seconds and was twitching. To those that have seen someone purposely pass out, you know exactly what i mean. They just fall over and then get up 10 seconds later asking WTF just happened. We blamed him passing out on the heat, but I still think the smoking definitely had an effect.

Well my friend ended up being okay besides being really yellow for a few minutes after that and proceeded to smoke more later that day. Tonight he did the same exact thing. 15 minutes after smoking at a party I just look over and my friend is on the ground twitching and then while still really out of it asked me "Did I just do that same thing again?". He then stood up but was like swaying and looked like he was about to pass out again for 20 seconds and then was back to normal. This same friend also took consecutive bong rips one night like a month ago and just sat down for 30 minutes and didn't say a word. Eventually he just ran out of the room and just threw up everywhere. I have never seen anyone else ever throw up or pass out from what I assume is from smoking, except this friend. Do you have any ideas about what might be causing him to pass out? He still says he's going to smoke just as much, but I feel like it might not be good for him.

2. My buddy often throws up after smoking lots in a short period of time. He says having a glass of water helps 'cause smoking dehydrates you. As to the passing out i would say pace yourself a bit more. :confused:

3. he should def go 2 a dr. n ask 4 tests 2 c if n e underlying problems exists n he can b honest with the dr. about smokin. dr.s aren't cops n cant do shit. he's gonna say it's probably the weed n say he should stop but fuck that. it may b allergy to nutes??? but I have seen ppl have similar shit happen just without the twitching. best of luck 2 u guys

4. It could be the weed your smoking man, Where did you get it from? Dealer? Dispensary?
    Sometimes Dealers Lace there stuff so you get addicted

5. I've thrown up from smoking before, it's probably just a little smoke that he swallowed. As for the passing out he should definitely hydrate more and don't take consecutive bong rips. Inhaling burnt plant matter isn't GOOD for you so just take it easy! :smoking:

6. That's the thing though. The 2 times he passed out we were in a group of people passing just 1 bowl so it's not like he was taking hit after hit and everyone else was smoking the same bud and he has smoked that bud before and that didn't happen. He likes to hold his hits in for a long time, but idt he holds it in much longer than me.

7. I say he should go see a doctor. Sounds like he might be having seizures but I wouldn't know.

8. honestly, it may come down to just dehydration. Smoking severely dehydrates you, and if he, like most americans, operates at a constant state of dehydration, then it would be reasonable to conclude that the smoke dried him out and made him puke/ pass out. I always carry a water bottle with me, maybe he should do the same?

9. Yeah, like everyone said it's more than likely he's just really dehydrated. Drink lost of water throughout the day and have a beverage with you when you smoke, it helps.

There's really no point in holding hits in for a long time. You get everything you're gonna get after 7 seconds, anything more than that is just depriving yourself of oxygen.

10. yeah one of my friends passed out like that. im pretty sure it is just being dehydrated. drink lots of water!