need help first timer

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by vee-dubb stoner, Aug 8, 2009.

1. ok now ive been tokin since i was 13 im 21 now and i dont have to worry about parents ne more but all of my connects have gone dry and i need a new means to get weed what i do with every shipment if there is seeds in the bag i put them in a bag and save them now i have a shitload from all different types of weed and what i was wondering if i could use a small to medium size fishtank for a place to grow being that its already set up for lighting what type of soil should i buy and what type of light bulbs and where to get it then how to plant the seeds i have and also with watering and how long lights on or off and how long till i get some buds off of it also tips for harvesting so i dont fuck up the plant any advice would be greatley appreciated p.s. the fishtank is almost the exact same size as the one smokey has in friday i figured if that stoner could grow his shit in a fishtank why not me i know its a movie but what the hell right.

2. btw im not a scientist please explain it in lay terms so i can understand

3. read the stickys in this section it has answers to all your questions

4. The first thing you need to do is read all of the "stickies" at the top of this Absolute Beginner forum. Everything you just asked is available with less than 5 minutes of reading.

If you're trying to do this on a budget, you are going to use CFL light bulbs. You have to use a ton of them and they aren't very good but they will work.

What is your budget for this project? Then we could tell you what type of gear to get.

5. see im talking about one or 2 plants at a time because frankly i think thats all this tank can hold furthermore as far as a budget i have about 200 to 300 dollars at the most i kno its not alot but im in dire need until i find a new connect which is alot harder than it seems (if ne one is in central jersey thats cool email me at red07gti@yahoo.com i need a good hook up i can get more than just little baggy's off of)