need help finding supplys

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by DMac, Sep 27, 2013.

1. hey everyone, i plan on trying my hand at a completely organic soil mix. so far i have been able to find
    a few of my ingredients such as pro mix, EWC, and some fert but have had a hell of a time trying to locate
    nutrient ammendments such as kelp meal, neem meal, alfalfa, etc. im located in mass and was hoping
    someone might be able to point me in the right direction. thanks.

2. Got a local agway? They won't carry all of it, the neem you're more than likely going to have to buy online. The rest can be found in Agway (my first pick), hardware/garden stores, feed stores, nurseries or landscaping companies. Often horses are fed alfalfa hay, so look into seasoned horse manure too. Lots of stables will just give that shit away for free (pun totally intended).

3. A rough idea as to what part of the country you're in would help considerably - different folks from different areas are more apt to help if you can give us a state you're in or even broader area...

J

4. #4 jerry111165, Sep 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2013
  5. just looked it up and yep there's one the next town over thanks for the advice bro

i know it was kinda hidden in the end of the first post but it does say mass but thanks for the info much appreciated.

6. Agway will  have everything but neem.  Get there quick, they stop ordering gardening supplies right about now.

Jerry, kick ass thread you linked.

7. thanks good to know I'm gonna have to run out there wen I get payed this week

8. Look into the Coast of Maine Lobster Compost in MA - and maybe Worm Power vermicompost/castings - and stay away from Worms Way up 146 - they've been known to hand over customer lists.

J

9. Ugh...I wish I could source CoM compost for a decent price....that stuff is incredibly rich. Best compost I've ever seen out of a store or commercial op ever. Much darker and better texture than the Dairy Doo compost I have access to locally....but meh.

Soon as I get enough worms to crank out vermi to the extent I can store some it doesn't matter anymore.

My own compost, dairy doo that's been re-composted with various plant amendments and various raw organic/mineral material will be my bedding for the bins.

10. I'll definitely have to look and see if I can find that stuff near me aand good to know bout worms way up thanks for the info jerry