Need help finding a set up for first grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Rodonkey10, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Hey I'm trying to find the right stuff for max quality and yields for my grow. I have enough space for a 48x24x60 to fight perfect and I was thinking of getting an apollo 600w light. I was wondering if there would be a better set up for my space?? Like maybe a veg tent and 32x32x63 for flowering if that would work? I have like a 500-600 budget for equipment and just wanted help determining the best way to spend my money. Thanks for any help!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Hit up amazon or ebay. You can get a hid light kit for 100 150 for a 600w. The tents that size are less then 100. My advice get 2 tents. The entire set up can be achieved for less then 600.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. What size tents would be acceptable? Should I get a 48x24x60 and then get like a 24x24? Or would a 32x32 be better?

4. Depends on how many plants. 2x4 maybe two full flowering plants. 2x2 one plant.

5. Depends on what you wanna accomplish. The veg tent doesn't hve to be huge. I have a 3x3 veg and a 4x4 flower. Still both less then 150. I have two 300w led in my veg and a 600w dimmable hid for my flower. My leds were 59 a piece on Amazon. The 600w hid kit was 109 amazon.

• Like Like x 1
  6. And what kind of ventilation do you use? What kind of yields do you get with like an indica strain?

7. And what kind of ventilation do you use? What are your yields with that set up? Sorry for all the questions lol but do you use soil or hydro?

8. I use soil. First I used nutes. That shit became overwhelming. I switched to gbd Memphisto soil a auto flowering brand. Top notch thc compared to photos. I use 5 gal pots plastic and cloth. I don't do ventilation as much other then to maintain heat on hot days other then that I leave the tent open. No need for privacy I have a home. I usually get 3 to 4 OZ from autos I have a photo going as well in a separate tent.

More questions you ask the more information you have to be a good grower.

9. I also use kind soil. A fully amended soil that's based out of Michigan. You could order from them or from Amazon. It's a little pricey. But the only thing you do is water and train your plants. No need for measuring Shit. Tastes better as well. Make things a lot easier

10. If you want actual yield, spend the bulk of your money on the flower lighting. That is THE most important equipment in an indoor grow setup. Each individual plant needs strong wattage of high quality flower lighting to force it to grow and give you all it's got. It's not about nutes. Nutes are just plant food and if you use a good quality formulated grow soil and stay away from "auto" varieties, you can use the soil alone and just repot your plants once they use up the nutrients in the current soil they're in. Nutes are not magic beans like many people just starting out think. LIGHT is what you've got to have to grow a plant of any size and harvest any weight to speak off. You're never going to get indoor yields to come anywhere near outdoor yields because of the light source....the sun. Man hasn't invented anything to even come close, so artificially lighted grows yield much less. But the key to getting a plant to produce grown inside is strong flower lighting. You'll have to have a veg space and a flower space if you intend to keep a perpetual grow going. But a small 2 plant grow could be done in that amount of room, you'll just have to partition it off. The problem you're going to have will be heat. Any time you flower in a very confined space (with any type lighting other than CFL....which SUCKS for flowering a plant), heat is created. So if you plan on using HPS lighting, you'll have to figure in a ventilation system for your space. If smell is an issue, you'll need one of those filters in your ventilation system to clean the air of the smell. But you better know what you're buying before you spend a dime. Most buy things they really don't need that they think they do and could've used the money in much better ways. Look at pics of grows here on the forum to get a better idea of what you will actually need for a simple starter setup. Start small...grow only a couple and flower one under a 600 watt lamp for best yield. You always want to keep your light source as close to your plants as possible to get the most punch out of it, without the threat of light burn. If you keep good air movement between the tops of the plant and the light, you can get away with keeping the two closer than normal. A high quality grow soil, the best lighting you can get together and tap water is about all you need honestly. Of course, you have to prepare your space for growing....but light is the thing that makes yield go up. Good luck. It took us several years to get everything we have going in place so don't put too much pressure on yourself. TWW