Need help finding a good bong slide - Plz help

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by B-Boi-Tha-Stoner, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Whattup everyone, first off I'm new here and hope this is tha right section for this, plz lemme kno if it's not.

Anyway, I recently gotten a new bong from some friends of mine, it's a cool little grommet
    bong, I like it. But it has a metal slide with it, and it's not exactly air tight, and it burns tha shit outta me when I try to pull it to clear it. I'm not exactly 100% sure, but I'm like 95% sure that it needs a 12mm slide and no longer than 2-inches long, the metal slide is 1/2-inchs and works perfect as far length.

Unfortunately tha only head shop in my little city doesn't carry replacement slides.. <_< I've been lookin all over online and have had very little luck. And being I'm pretty O.C.D. 'bout my stuff matching I'm tryna find either a all clear slide, or a red, geen, or white, even black works (or a mix of those) but it doesn't absolutely half to be. I'll post pictures below.

I'm also wondering if there's anyway I could affordably convert tha down-stem to glass on glass, being there is more options and styles for glass on glass slides, and I just like them better.

I really appreciate any shop links, help and suggestions everyone has! B)

[​IMG]

2. #2 TheNaturalist, Jan 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2014
  3. Thanks! Thoes are dope! But you're right, those are really expensive for a 2 inch slides...I was hoping to spend less than $25 (at most, give or take shipping), I also wonder if they come with O rings aswell..

4. [quote name="B-Boi-Tha-Stoner" post="19414855" timestamp="1390811802"]Thanks! Thoes are dope! But you're right, those are really expensive for a 2 inch slides...I was hoping to spend less than $25 (at most, give or take shipping), I also wonder if they come with O rings aswell..[/quote]Buy orings at a hardware store or go to a tattoo shop. Just take the new slide in with you if it doesn't have orings. Buy a 10 pack for stupid cheap. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Cool thanks, I'll keep that mind!

Honestly if i were to buy a slide bowl i probably wouldn't pay more then $10, probably could find a decent one for around $5. however im lucky to live in Pacific Beach where there are a tun of head shops to shop at

7. #7 TheNaturalist, Jan 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2014

I think this is your best option. All of my pipes are glass on glass.

If you get the diameter of the hole your current downstem is in, then you may be able to find a glass on glass joint that also fits. It is likely to be a 10mm but you might want to look for a 10mm to 18mm downstem so that you can use 18mm bowls (which are most common).

Id bet you could get a glass on glass downstem and bowl for the price of one of these slides for sale on GC

edit: maybe this 14 to 18 would fit... http://www.grasscity.com/us_en/smoking-pipes/spare-parts/glass-downpipes/g-spot-non-diffuser-downstem-10364.html