Need help findind a decent Mp3 player

Discussion in 'General' started by bluntfists, Jan 21, 2015.

1. hey blades.

I need some advice when it comes to a mp3 player. I have an 8gb Ipod but it doesn't detect on either one of my computers so my playlists and music are very outdated on it. I have always liked zune but I cant seem to find them anymore. iv had about  3 of them over the last maybe 8 years. I REALLY do NOT want another apple mp3 player.... this thing has been nothing but software problems for me and I want something easy.  I also do not have a smartphone and wouldn't in a million years pay $100 a month for one.

I already have about 50gb's of music that I would like to switch on and off the player so I don't need any of that iTunes or Zune subscription crap. Just need an idea of something that's good that isn't either zune or ipod.

2. iPod pretty much owns the market.

What you need is a new computer.

Sent from somewhere in Canada.

3. #4 llllllllll, Jan 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2015
    Seems like you have a fairly antiquated knowledge of modern electronics;
    For starters Zune was discontinued a while back, you wont find them anymore. Zune software was the epitome of shit anyways, so its not for loss.

If you are having problems using an ipod and getting it to work properly then IDK what to tell you. It is literally as simple as plugging it in to your computer through USB and then syncing your music... and as far as I know all computers come with Itunes now... so there isn't much room to complain about not knowing how to go about downloading/installing itunes.  Itunes also isn't a subscription service, its a free music management tool that also happens to have a built in marketplace.

Let me put it this way.. if Itunes is too complicated for you, good luck working with an offbrand MP3.

So i'm just going to go ahead and recommend an ipod anyways... 6th Generation "Ipod Classic" is one of the better models for people who have a somewhat large library. If you have trouble with ITUNES you could consider asking here for help. I've never experienced problems with Itunes.. and i've used it across many computers, mac and windows based, and various apple devices

4. I have a 160gig iPod classic I got used at a pawn shop for$120. It's perfect

5. It isn't using or running iTunes that I have a problem with its having a ipod that doesn't get detected on my either of my cpu's. I have talked to customer server, got new cables, reinstalled iTunes, and everything they recommended I should do and nothing worked. they pretty much said I was Shit out of luck.

and yes I don't know much about mp3 players anymore because I had a smartphone for almost 2 years and always had either this dinky ipod or a zune.... that's why I am asking here

6. You can get really cheap MP3 players now at Walmart, ones where I believe you just copy and paste the songs - as that's how I remember doing it with my offbrand player a few years back.

7. New computer, or update your driver software.

Sent via iBurn ✌️

8. sounds like an error with your computers USB drives. You could probably find a computer shop in town and have them see whats wrong for 20 bucks or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. Sandisk Sansa players are clutch and are expandable with micro SD cards. Excellent sound quality. Sony and Cowon are my two favs but are pricier and not all models will allow you to expand to 50+gb of storage

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. You can get a smartphone plan for 25 dollars a month so idk what you're talking about. That's without data but you can always use wifi. Or 35 bucks unlimited talk, text and 1 mb of data.

For an MP3 player I'm just gonna go ahead and suggest an iPod. Get the new iPod nano. Super slim and really easy to use. You should prob just get a new computer, if it isn't compatible with iTunes it belongs in an antique shop lol

11. aha they still sell mp3s?

12. 35 bucks wow where is that deal from?

13. cricket wireless. If you want to do it with an iPhone it will cost a fuckton for the phone unlocked, but they have special deals with certain androids. But you're still saving like 20 or more dollars per month so if you can she'll out the money early and keep the iPhone for a few years you'll prob save money