Need help fast please, plant yellowing very fast

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by doggerjones, May 16, 2010.

1. Over the last 24 hours my plant's gone from completely green to having yellow on almost every leaf, mostly in the form of tiny yellow specks all over the leaves. Some of them have even started to look dry and crispy and starting to shrivel up.

the plants only about 2 weeks, maybe a little older. I haven't changed anything since it started to deteriorate so I have no idea what could cause it to look so bad all of a sudden.

Something like this has happened to me many times on other plants in the past, and at first I thought it was because of very little air circulation. However, i gave it a big open space for air to vent now along with a computer fan and it seemed to help at first, but now the plant looks like it's on it's way to dying again

im using 2 42w daylight fluorescent bulbs. My first plant, which was the only one where I actually harvested buds, I used 1 23w fluorescent bulb and my plant never started yellowing or anything. Obviously that was not enough light tho, so the buds were extremely fluffy and not very potent. Since I've been growing plants with these 42w's, I haven't been able to keep a healthy plant for much longer than a month. It's not any hotter in there than when I had the 23w bulb, and from what I've read you should keep the lights as close as you can if you have fluorescent bulbs, so it shouldnt be from heat stress right?

please anyone help if you can, I want this plant to LIVE

2. im gonna try to get a pic up, but i have no idea where my digita camera is so it might not be for a while. please help if you can from the description

3. come on people its looking worse every hour. i need to take some steps to stop it

4. What kind of soil are you using? Feeding them? What? How often? Also, pics will help.

5. We need all the info on your grow including:

What type of medium; soil or hydro?
    What brand and type of soil?
    Indoors or outdoors?
    What strain?
    How old are the plants?
    What type of lights and how many watts?
    How far from the lights?
    What is your watering frequency and source of water?
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK?
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro?
    What are the temps and humidity in the room?
    What size pots?
    Any bugs? Look real close.
    Any other pertinent info?

You're getting better response here than I did in the sick plant area, but I think my problem was/is nute burn. Too much P.

6. What type of medium; soil
    What brand and type of soil? I'm not really sure. The bag just said organic potting soil, and there was no time release nutes or anything.
    Indoors or outdoors? Indoors
    What strain? Just some bag seed, but I've grown a successful plant from the same bag seed
    How old are the plants? 2 weeks, a little older maybe
    What type of lights and how many watts? 2 42w fluorescent daylight bulbs
    How far from the lights? Well before I had them about 5 inches, now I have them maybe 2 away because I've read that's better with these kinds of lights.
    What is your watering frequency and source of water? I water usually 3 times a week, always wait until the water is very dry on top, then water until I see drainage out of the bottom.
    What, how much and when was it fed? My friend gave me this fertilizer but he said it was Miracle Gro I think. I've read people don't really like Miracle Grow but it's worked ok for me in the past.
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro? not in hydro. I don't have PH testing stuff though, probably should look into that.
    What are the temps and humidity in the room? don't know
    What size pots? uhh don't know the measurements but the plant definitely has enough soil
    Any bugs? nope, I even used a mini-magnifying glass and nothing
    Any other pertinent info?

Well, I think it might be suffering from some nute-burn judging from other pictures I've looked at. I gave it some fertilizer that may have been a little too concentrated so I'm gonna flush it with just water the next few times I water it, and then give it more watered down fertilizer following that. how soon should I see it recovering, if it is in fact from nute burn? because if it doesnt start getting better fast I'll have to try something else