need help fast - nute burn or nute deficiencies?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by boyspirit, Mar 14, 2014.

1. #1 boyspirit, Mar 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2014
    Hey now - week 4 and having issues. I'm concerned that if I don't fix them now, I'm gonna lose them and they were coming along SO well.

Here goes.
    What type of medium; soil or hydro? Soil
    What brand and type of soil? Happy Frog ocean forest (changing after this cycle)
    Indoors or outdoors? Indoors
    What strain? Lemon Sour Diesel, Blue Dream, Master Kush, Blackberry Kush all have the most issues. Blueberry Kush, Durban Poison, and Shipwreck having less problems.
    How old are the plants? Day 30 of 12/12.
    What type of lights and how many watts? 4 - 1000's.
    How far from the lights? 12"
    What is your watering frequency and source of water? They need water every other day. I don't water them heavy because we are also having a PWM issue. I mix nutes in 1 gal jugs. I typically feed water 1/3 of the gallon/plant. The 4gal and 5 gal pots take half to 3/4 gallon.  We have a 50gal resevoir we let sit for 24 hours to evaporate chlorine and fill our jugs from that. We adjust PH after we add nutes.
    What, how much and when was it fed?
    Fed Sunday the 9th. My notes are out in the shop but this is the regimen: (we use the Botanicare nute calendar).
    Botanicare Pureblend pro bloom soil - 17 ml
    CalMag - 3 ml
    Hydroplex - 5 ml
    Sweet 7 ml
    Liquid Karma - 3 ml
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro? Runoff Ph 6.3-6.5 (ph water after nutes 5.9-6.3)
    What are the temps and humidity in the room? 50 night/78-80 day. Average Rh 40% but hangs mostly around 35% when lights are on. DeHumidifier in middle of room 24/7. 
    What size pots? mostly 3 gal. LSD's are in 4 gal. Blackberry in 5 gal.
    Any bugs? Look real close. - had an issue. Treated 2x with azamax haven't seen them back but we prob better do another treatment. It's been a week and a half..
    Any other pertinent info? Things were going well the end of week 3. I started adding the hydroplex at that time and increased the sweetener. We tried 3ml bonemeal at the last feeding to no avail.

The Lemon Sour Ds seemed to be lacking nitrogen so I fed 5ml of veg food in place of the bloom. (still 17 ml. total). They are the largest and having the most issues although I am noticing yellow crispy spots on the other leaves. I'm having a hard time feeling as though we have nutrient burn as, according to the Botanicare chart, I'm falling around 1400 ppm and I don't believe that should be hurting the plants. The only nutrient above 1800 ppm is the sweetener but there isn't much in it that I can tell?

We did add 4 oscillating fans and I'm thinking they are blowing on the plants too much rather than the space inbetween. So I feel they are light burnt, but maybe not nute burnt. (crossing fingers.) Some are starting to 'taco'. They are also dry. I'm thinking they are transpiring too much. I'm nervous to spray them. How can I rehydrate them. Watering doesn't seem to help.

this is not our first grow but it's our first 'serious' grow. Meaning, prior, we didn't bother with PH. yes, I know I know. We learned our lesson the hard way. Time, money and small buds.

Lights just came on. I'd love any advice I can get and hope to work on a remedy tonight. They are dry. I'd rather feed tomorrow but am considering giving a sip with a lil veg nutes to the LSD as its yellow and needing 'something' more than TLC.

The buds seem to be getting fat. The Lemons and Blue Dreams are smallest but also have a longer flowering time.

Help? help? Please. And thank you ahead of time.

Unfortunately my pic of the full Lemon Sour D. didn't come out. I'll do another one tomorrow, but.... The bottom fan leaves are yellowing from the bottom of plant up (like nit def)
    photo 1.JPG photo 4.JPG room.JPG
    photo 3.jpg
    photo 5.JPG

2. #2 boyspirit, Mar 14, 2014
    Hoping experienced growers are online tonight and willingto help us out! (wife/hubby team)

Here are more photos.

LSD.jpg
    Lemon sour diesel. Seems to be going downhill fast. :(
    durban poison.jpg
    Noticing the leaves drying out and starting to distort slightly.
    healthy shipwreck.jpg
    Shipwreck is rocking it. Smallest plant with most solid buds. Only issue is PWM. I have a separate post regarding PWM issues cause I feel the ventilation needs to be looked at by someone more experienced.

3. #3 boyspirit, Mar 14, 2014
    anyone?

Hmm... Have I posted something wrong or in a wrong way that would discourage others from giving some advice?

I tried to delete my Powdery mildew thread as I realize I was looking for a magic remedy that doesn't exist.. but I can't find a delete or 'hide' button.. Anyways,  I've researched the issue in this thread til I can't see the screen anymore. I have ideas, intuitions, thoughts about the issue but scared to pull the trigger on how to remedy them.

My girls seem to be quickly going downhill.. They need food or water or flush tonight and I'm not sure what to do. I would hate to lose them 5 weeks away... I'll leave tomorrow for a day and a half. Any advice would be so greatly appreciated.

I moved the fans so they are not blowing directly on the plants. I've moved the lights up so they are about 20 " above the girls. Hoping that will help with the excessive transpiration/drying of the leaves.

I'm thinking of adding blood meal to the Lemon Sour D's. Research tells me they typically stretch and like more nitrogen.

Now I'm concerned about the burnt spots on the other leaves. Again, nute deficiency? light burnt leaves? Nute overdose. (again I'm only feeding at half strength botanicare so I'm really hoping thats not the issue.)

Help?

Please. and thank you so much.

4. I don't think I will be much help, but some ideas. 

Have you tried to flush them? maybe water them with 1/2 strength nutes and ph to 6.5. try and get 1/2 gal. or more of runoff.

When I water I like to soak them good then wait till the pots are light and dry before watering again. 

1400 and 1800 ppm is getting up there, only way to really know it a ppm meter. 

Hope everything turns out good. Maybe someone with more knowledge will chime in. 

5. Any luck? How are things going?

6. Thanks for taking the time to reply... I realize this is a redundant question asked many times on this forum but each situation is also different. Because nute burn and deficiency can resemble one another I thought it would be ok to ask while offering photos.. All said, thanks again for taking the time..

The Lemon Sour D's are hanging in there... I added nitrogen and gave a little more nutes than my other plants and it seems to have helped some. The clawing is decreased and the yellowing isn't so bad... We are getting over the half way hump so I won't continue with the extra nitrogen. Apparently, this strain typically needs that extra bit of N. Not to mention they are taller above all the rest so I'm not surprised they are requiring more water (every other day) as well as more nutes.

As for the others, I cut back on my nutes a bit, raised my lights, added fans and it seems that the problem is not getting worse so hopefully I nailed it. They are hanging in there and the buds are growing. Fragrant, big, tight. They do not seem to be suffering any.

Still battling the PWM. It is taking extra time every single night. I am alternating spraying on affected leaves with H2O2 and then actinovate. (sp?). Full on war zone between us and the PM, but just doing our best to keep it out of the buds.. Not sure where it's coming from.. Assuming the clones or the intake. (PWM is prevalent in our area on all trees/plants, etc).

7. I'll post more pics tonight.

8. I am battling the same thing, except I flushed heavily thinking possible salt build up, which possible contributed but I finally realized its time to feed.
    Still waiting for results, or the problem to cease.

9. I'm pretty sure I burnt them with nutes... I backed off a little and they are maintaining.. buds are big and beautiful although the powdery white mildew is really pissing me off.. (am I allowed to say that in this forum?) lol

I hate that I didn't have beautiful green leaves the whole time but my buds are bigger than I've ever grown. I'm thrilled.