Need help FAST!! babies are dyin...Yellow lower leaves....

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by blazinblunt, Sep 20, 2006.

1. hey guys, I've got two of four babies left at about 3 weeks old in the veggin stage. I've come to the conclusion that my problem is a Nitrogen deficiency, and I'm about to go pick up some dolomite lime to throw in there. I'm still unsure if this is the exact problem, so check out the pics and let me know what you guys think, any and all advice is welcome.

Attached Files:

2. how wet are they, cause they look like you may have overwatered them. What type of soil are you using? I really don't think it is a nute def. prob.

3. did you fertilize the plants?

4. I've got em in Schultz potting soil plus (12-9-7), and that's it from the start. I check em like 2/3 times a day and water only when the soil's dry (about every two days or so). No ferts yet, no nutes, nothin. I just picked up a bag of dolomite lime and am thinking about adding it, but I'm still looking for more advice.

5. They HAVE been fertilized. Look at your soil it is 12-9-7. The soil has fertilizer in it which they do not need so early. Your plants are over fertilized and your second plant looks over fertilized and over watered. To fix the fertilizer problem transplant out of that soil ASAP and flush them. A flush means a minimum of 2 gallons of water if the pot is one gallon in size. Good luck.

Edit: Forget about adding the lime. It won't do anything unless your soil is off in PH. Do you have a ph meter? If not, you should.

6. Yup, my friend made the same mistake and used that soil. 2 weeks in he transplanted them into new soil, but not before experiencing nute burn. That soil isnt good.