Need help explaining carbon filters?

Discussion in 'Security' started by ThatOneBro, Jan 17, 2013.

1. So for a micro grow i'm doing, I need a carbon filter to mask out any smell. The way I'm currently aware of how it works, is that you place the block (which is what i'd be using in my case) in front of/behind of extraction fans in order to pull out odors. Am I right?

2. Your carbon filter is supposed to be inside the grow area, pulling the air inside through the filter, and out of the area.

3. My main concern is that I see a lot of grows with a tube filter, would I be able to use the pad filter?

4. The pad filter would be considerably less effective as it has hardly any carbon in it. Tube or Can filters have a layer inside them that is filled to the top with carbon granules. Those pan filters are designed for slow moving air like the ones they sell for the top of kitty liter boxes.

What you can do is use that, buy some ONA, try buying a HEPA airfilter from walmart and for one plant will probably do the trick but thing about Cannabis is it smells like no other if its a stinky strain and you just notice it right away even if the person does not know what cannabis smells like its a very odd different smell.

5. Yes, you should get a can filter. Mountain Air is a good brand, but I am sure they all work about the same. Home made setups can do the trick but for the price and effort you need to put in to make a proper one it is really just easier to buy the damn thing.

You will also need an inline fan of some sort and some round ducting to channel the air through. Your goal is to create a negative pressure inside the room when all of the air that is leaving your room goes through the carbon filter. So depending on your room size you will base your inline fan size. Usualy you want to be able to change all of the air in your grow room in about 3 minutes, give or take.

Hope this helps.

Marijuana, Weed, Pot, Ganja, Cannabis News - Noxious Magazine