Need help drying iso hash oil

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by DeltaIX, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Just made my first batch of iso. After evaporating the iso I'm left with a large brown blob of sticky goo in the Pyrex tray. My problem is that there seems to be quite a bit of water in it. I soaked some up with a napkin and tried to light it to be sure it was not iso, but it's definitely water. I've drained it out of the tray but eventually more leeches out. Any tips on removing the water would be great.

2. Yeah, but beig that iso boils off at 180 I kept the temp just under 200. Water boils at 212. How high can I raise the temp before it will degrade the hash oil?

3. Good question! How high can the temp be raised and for how long. It would be sweet to preserve the plants flavnoids.

4. #5 dweenz, Dec 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2013
    i posted this similar in another thread. but I started doing this and it makes a much nicer product. when you are at the stage you are runny messy oil take a kettle of boiling hot water and pour about an inch into your pan the oil will go all slick on top of the water and you will be like oh shit! but its all good remember oil and water dont mix so real good oil will have 0 water in it. these slicks on top will eventually start to glob up as the water cools i stir these globs and collect the oil and as i get enough on my spoon i start spreading it around on the bottom of the dish under water  and whip it around with my spoon it becomes like taffy  and you can scrap every last bit together with the  spoon due to the water keeping the oil from sticking to the glass (pyrex) dish i work it like this about 3 minutes maybe 5 minutes then take my glob and scrape it onto a parchment paper and stick it in the freezer. the rest of the bits can be scraped up and added to the main glob after it works great leave no residue on the pyrex if you are diligent and keep the water around where you are scraping the oil will stick to itself (the rest of the oil on the spoon) and not the pyrex. i believe this removes the last of the iso and also any water soluble material that may have made it through the iso. this oil smokes right away so i know there is no or very little water in the oil itself. this is how i will do all my oil from now on 99% iso one ounce of sugar leaf got me this 2.2 g and another chunk i already smoked.  :smoking: [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dude thats genius, i'm tryin right now, thanxs4 makin so easy!!

6. I'm laughing cause I'm at the oh shit stage, its a little cringy but I understand so...