Need Help, downstem broke :(

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Unabomber, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Hey guys, I drunkenly knocked my bong over last night and the downstem broke. I would like to find a replacement but don't really know what I'm looking for. It was held in my a rubber gromet and when i measured the opening it was about 14mm. If anyone could maybe get a picture of what I'm looking for that would be cool. I took some pictures to help.

Also, I would love to upgrade my bong in anyway, so any suggestions for that would be cool.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Also if it helps the slider bowl I'm have is 9mm

3. The downstem is probably 12mm. Looks like a tube you'd get a tobacco store or somewhere, you could try going back there to see if they carry downstems for it.

4. Don't throw away the broken downstem. Bring it to a local headshop and they should be able to help to find the same size. :D Thats what I did when I broke my downstem on my bong.

5. Whatever you do, DO NOT throw out that rubber grommet, otherwise your bong is no good after that. But go to the place where you got that bong, they should have it, or any decent headshop. You can also clean it a couple times till its spotless and take it in if you dont have any luck, but this isn't advised.

6. damn really? i tore it out and threw it out with the shards of glass. shitty. i can't get a new one?