Need help dont know if this is normal or not

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by cartwrna, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Alright so I have my own grow setup currently running 6 cfls and two grow lights to my 2 plants for an equal wattage of almost 200 watts. I planted my germinated seeds on Satruday which was a week ago and so far they have sprouted to about an inch tall have the first two green things that pop open as well as two leaves on each plant that grow out the sides from the first two green things that open up. They seem to be doing alright the only thing im worried about is the first two green things that open up arent all the way bright green like they originally were they are startin to get real real small spots of brown..maybe equal to the size of a pencil lead. The temp has been perfect the whole time as well as the humidity being around about 65% here lately. Is it normal for those first two green things that come out of your seed to do that?

2. Also I have checked the pH of the soil using a cheap pH soil tester and my pH is somewhere around the 6.5-7 range (these ones are not electronic so not quite as reliable.

3. whats soil did you plant it in?

4. This is not an actual picture of mine just one that looks identical to what my plants currently look like. that is the reason for no brown spots on this one.

5. Those rounded leaves are called cotyledons. They will naturally fall off your plant as it get's a bit older anyway. Don't worry about those at all. If your fan leaves start showing problems then you should start worrying.

Also, it's too early to be using nutrients. Your plant is very vulnerable at this time, and nutrients could easily burn them. Not using nutes for the beginning of your plant's life will not hurt your total yield anyway. Lay off until it matures a bit more, maybe until you have a couple fan leaf sets growing.

Good luck!

6. Longbottomleaf is right. lay off the nutes you dont need them. I started mine in Mircale-grow organic choice and got a little nute burn just from the soil. you shouldnt need nutes for probably the first month.

7. spend the next few weeks researching. you can find almost anything on this site. I started mine with info purely form here and its going amazing. I made a few mistakes but corrected them with info i learned from here. is it indoor or outdoor?

8. sorry just reread your post its indoor lol.

9. Thank-you for all the helpful replies. I was hoping that was the case (that the leaves were supposed to fall off) as I had read that on a few posts here but didnt have pics so didnt know if they were talking about the same thing or not. But I am starting to get little bugs that look like kitchen gnats and they tend to be on top of my soil especially when I spray with water. Any ideas on what to do with that?

10. Gnats. :mad:

Hang on... you've got two threads in here right? :confused: I'll respond in the other one. :p