Need Help Designing Your Setup?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by DaPharaoh, Nov 14, 2008.

1. If you need help designing your setup post your specs and ....

ADD A DRAWING, PICTURES, OR SKETCH!!

I hate trying to picture a setup with just a description.

I have built a few setups for a few friends and myself so have a little experience.

So lets see those plans!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

^ my design drawings for my setup ^

2. yeah, but i don't know how to do that. I draw everything out on paper, if my scanner worked i'd try that. I should figure it out though.

3. yea if you draw something up i could help you out with sizing and draw something like that for you on my computer

4. well cool, ill look you up. i'm not sure what i'm doing because i wanted to have 4 flower rooms on rotation so i could harvest every 2 wks, but everyone thinks thats too much hassle. So now i duno, i'm going to atleast have two flowering rooms, 400-600 watts each. If i had 4 rooms i'd prob go at 250 watts.

5. That's some cool work. What program are you using to design those?

I'm thinking of taking some designing into SketchUP and ArchiCAD, have some fun making 3D tours and stuff. :p

6. overgrowray- you could still do a perpetual harvest with just one flower room

uookaa- using rhinocerus

7. i dig it man, i like the pics. i am planning on building my own when i move into a house in febuary. im going for a bigger setup, but have not figured the lighting scheme yet...im thinking 4'x8'x4'....sectioning off space fpr flowering and clones...any ideas?

8. Here is a suggestion for ya...

[​IMG]

let me know what you think

9. This is the empty room I have to work with. I haven't started yet, but plan to frame a wall and make seperate veg/flower room. What are anyone's suggestions on dimensions, etc.? Does this seem like an ideal plan or do I need to change some things?

Attached Files:

10. yes pharoh i like it alot.themeasurements are what i needed and kept debating..what are cfl's?? as a substitute for HPS lights, i have seen "plant lights" 250 watt bulbs at the home depot, would that work if i got a couple? or should i go 4?...exhaust, i got 2 cpu fans on the way from best buy...what do you recommend? How many plants do you think i can fit in each chamber? Minimum/Maximum yield? 1 more thing...i have collected about 50 seeds so far, will have much more by March(my projected start date) where is a safe site to get em online and will they ship to US ? Thanx, Budence

11. Diesel: That looks good if you want to do around 30 plants. (15 flower/15 veg). 1000watts might be more than enough for vegging plants, if you are looking to save some money look at a 600w instead. you must have some money since that's a big project. good luck and keep me updated.

Budence: cfl's are the curly light bulbs you can get at home depot or lowes. see below. they save you money and can keep your heat down. make sure you get the ones that are 6500K and not the 2700K. 6500K = vegging and 2700K = flowering.

[​IMG] < cfl light bulb

i wouldn't skimp on the hps light, thats what makes your nugs, 600w hps will make denser nugs than a 400w hps. so i always say get the highest wattage that you can afford for hps. i personally have a 400w hps.

the amount of plants you can fit in depeds on how deep you will make it. a 3' x 3' square could have around 6-9 flowering plants.

I can't say much on yield since it depends alot on the grower. i'd guess around 3 ounces for 6-9 plants in a setup like i drew.

seedbankupdate.com < best site to find out who is a good seed seller.

12. Oh I need help!! I just had to stratch my whole plan and decided to go with a cabinet grow. It'll be 48" long, 25" deep and 31" tall. I want to do a perpetual harvest but I'm not sure if this space will be big enough even if I use LST or ScOG, I can do a drawing tomorrow but I'm so stoned right now I'm drawing blanks lol

13. you got a picture yet whiskey?

14. http://forum.grasscity.com/grow-room-design-setup/289355-can-u-see-problem.html

this is a 3 tub setup that i am currently running, a resevoir and 2 tubs with 4 plants in each, the tubs r on a slight angle and the water runs through the drainage pipes to the resevoir. Now i ran my sprinkler system back up through the drainage pipes...

can u see anything wrong with this setup? would u go about it a diff way or a totally diff setup, just want to know before i put my new ones in