Need help deciding which light to get

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Knutson99, Dec 31, 2017.

1. I’m thinking of buying the bloombee 480w 12 band led grow light or the grow lx 1000w cob led grow light. The 1000w is roughly $60 cheaper. Which one would be better for me? I will have 3 bc big bud plants in soil, inside a 4x2x6 grow tent

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. #2 Fataqui, Dec 31, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
    Lets see... you have a 2 x 4 area, that's 8 square feet, the Bloom Bee puts out roughly 85 tdw in veg and 170 tdw in flower, that would mean you would be providing roughly 11 tdw of light per square foot during veg and 22 tdw of light per square foot during flower, which will grow you a few plants but, not to their full potential! Seriously you need at least 40 tdw per square foot if you are using led(s) to get you into the ball-park where you can fully flower a couple of plants to their full potential! As for the COB, I don't know which one you are referring to so I have no idea if it will be better than the Bloom Bee or not. But if you are trying to stay in that 250.00 to 275.00 dollar price range you could get (2) of the old Mars 600(s) or something similar and (2) of those running at 208 tdw would get you to about 52 tdw per square foot which would grow your (3) plants to their full potential for about the same price as the Bloom Bee. As a side-note... when I refer to "tdw(s)" per square foot, that value is not absolute, as the outer fringes of a lighting array will always contain less "tdw(s)" per square foot than the square feet that are closer to the lighting array. But if you got your average up to say the "50 tdw" per square foot range, even the outer fringes would still be above the "40 tdw" per square foot range which is the minimum amount of "tdw(s)" per square foot that you need when dealing with led(s) to flower any cannabis plant to its full potential.

• Like Like x 1
  3. How hard was it too assemble? Doesn’t it come with everything you need?

4. Go mh/hps dimmable ballast id go 1000 watt keep it dimmed to 75 then flowering blast it so its 1000% blow them flowers up

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Super easy and it does come with everything you need.

lol in his 4x2?

6. Lol yupp sorry read wrong to buzzed new years eve haha 400 mh/hps thats what i use

• Like Like x 1
  7. HNY farmers! Not versed in led, but you could not go wrong with a 400/600w switchable/dimmable mh/hps, digital ballast. jmho. Great gobs of goood luck with your farm.

8. Cmh all the way! Almost no heat, best spectrum. I changed all my hid's to cmh cant list all the benefits, I could write a novel about them. Just do your own research.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

9. I just bought this for my first grow

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Just ordered the 3000k 260w version. Any idea how many plants it can handle?