Need Help clonning

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by wolfpacker58, May 21, 2008.

1. I have attempted to clone three or 4 times, my plants just sit and sit sometimes for 2 three weeks, and eventually rot, NO ROOTS, I have read, and read, how to do this, so forth so fort, I just can get it down. I am not a newbie when it comes to growing, i have had numerous succeful grows, inside, outside and so forth, I CANT CLONE, i have tried rockwool, soil, and several other mediums, Still nothing, strains are AK-48 and White rhino currently.

Can anyone help me out, and I dont want to buy an aerocloner

2. Give them bottom heat.

You can buy heat pads from garden stores, they dramatically increase your chances of success!

Use a (river) sand/peat mix for good drainage, don't use garden soil.

Use a rooting hormone.

And keep the leaves in a very humid environment to reduce desiccation.

Of all these bottom heat is the biggest deciding factor.

GL man!!

3. Thanks guys! is florecent lights necessary, or is the ambient light in your house with windows open sufficient?

4. i wouldnt use ambient light, where i am atleast, because i would only get 12-14hours of sunlight per day in an spot that recieved a full day of sunlight (ie. greenhouse or sunroof) and where i am at the sun only faces each side of my house for afew hours due to its geometry.
    you need constant light, go with flouros if you have them for sure, otherwise a small metal halide works great. i run them 24/0.

5. be sure you keep them humid and wet at all times. i just took a set of 8 clones and had 100% success. i used clear plastic party cups and cut holes in the bottom. you must use a rooting solution. i then used another solid plastic cup with no holes and placed it on top. make sure to use a spray bottle and spray the cover cup and the clone so that its nice and wet. i have to spray my plant and cup about twice a day to keep everything moist. be sure the lid stays on without leaks to ensure that the environment your creating remains wet and humid.

GL

6. I agree with AugustWest. The first time I tried cloning, I read that thread by Al B. Fuct and it was amazingly helpful. Since then I've done a lot of clones with great success.

One thing I do think is important that hasn't been mentioned in this thread is to let the cuttings have a dark cycle.

The first time I tried making clones I had them on 24/7 light, and about a week and a half went by without any roots showing through my rockwool cubes. Then I switched to 18/6 and they all sprouted within a few days.

More recently I did a large batch of clones and noticed that I would always see new root growth in the morning after the lights went on, but almost never in the evening just before the lights went off. I'm convinced most root growth happens in the dark.

Hey, good luck! Let us know how it goes. :)