need help choosing between t5 or cfl

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by grodankcfls420, Aug 1, 2013.

1. yo whats up right now im running a 210 watt cfl grow with one plant, but after this grow i want to run 2 plants so i need to get a more lights or get a new light fixture. I cant run hps so that is out of the picture now my room is 20" depth, 48" wide, and 54" in height. I want to be able to pull 4oz of 2 plants so i would be topping, lsting, supercropping, or doing a scrog and would be running high yielding strains. My two options are

• get a 4ft 4 bulb t5 fixture with 20,000 lumens and running at about 220 watts
    or
    • get another 185 watts of cfls and have 400 watts and 27000 lumens
    Now i really im wondering if the t5 fixture could pull 4oz it uses alot less power and puts out a ton of lumens this is the fixture i want to go with but if i cant pull 4oz i dont want to go with it. Also i saw a guy on youtube with an 8 bulb fixture pull 8oz so im gussing a 6 bulb would pull 6oz and a 4 bulb would pull 4oz would this be correct

2. As a test earlier this year I ran 2 plants (blue cheese) in a small grow closet with just a single 125 w cfl. I used LST and topping etc to see how much is possible. Ended up with 1.5 oz. I then got the lightwave 4 x 4ft t5 and used it in conjuction with the 125w cfl and yield increased to about 3 oz.

The thing I really like with the t5 rig is that the light comes in from all angles (light coming from a 4ft  long source) and gives you much deeper light penetration than a single cfl.

The t5 rig still gives off quite a bit of heat to the grow space, so either way you will need to up your ventilation.

3. 400 watts of flourescent light is 400 watts of flourescent light. The best weed I've grown was under 360 watts of CFLs in a box 2x3x6.