need help choosing an HPS

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by wengmastachung, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Hey guys, im using cfls right now so i dont know much about HPS but my friend has a 3 foot wide by 2 foot deep by 3 foot high box that he wants to grow in. He wants to buy an hps but knows way less then even i do.

Are some companys better to get the bulbs from aka phillips vs GE or ect.

I was looking at 250 watt HID High Pressure Sodium Bulbs: 1000Bulbs.com

and they have way to many choices lol. any suggestions would be really helpful. Thanks.

2. your grow areas to small :s. You need 20" between the tops of your crop and the bulb, with 3 foot headroom you'll only have 15" of grow space.

3. well the top of the box is being left open for now so we can always make it bigger. How big would you suggest it to be. The crop hes got are 4 Thai Skunk clones from one of my plants which 3 weeks into flowering is only about a foot tall

4. #4 aggregatebuzz, Aug 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2009
    the reference I find says in terms of light intensity 5 inchs is needed from plant to light for 250w HPS
    with good air flow heat should be manageable too

Attached Files:

5. chart for MH lights:

Attached Files:

6. Thank you. that is what i needed.

Anyone know if theres a big difference in the company that makes the light? or are they all pretty much the same