Need help choosing a subject for an essay

Discussion in 'General' started by kingklick1991, Feb 20, 2012.

1. The assignment is to write about a current event topic and to use our response, reaction or opinion as our thesis. I'm having difficulty choosing something to write about and thought somebody here would have a good idea.

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

2. What kind of stuff are you passionate about? LPick a topic that actually matters to you.

3. Well last time I was assigned an essay I wrote about online privacy and how its going to shit. But I'd write about anything I'm just terrible at keeping up with current events. Maybe I should go watch the news or something hahahaha

4. [quote name='"kingklick1991"']Well last time I was assigned an essay I wrote about online privacy and how its going to shit. But I'd write about anything I'm just terrible at keeping up with current events. Maybe I should go watch the news or something hahahaha[/quote]

There is tons of shit going on right now. Go to any news website and take your pick. Health issues, politics, anything to do with sex or sexuality...

5. How about why industrial hemp should be legal again to grow in America?

6. ill check that out. My professor told the class that last quarter he got 40 or so papers about legalizing mmj but I'll check out the hemp and if I can find enough info ill write about that

7. A couple ideas:
    - Internet censorship (huge right now)
    - Social media and its influence on society

If you still want to go with the privacy aspect of things. Apple is now in some controversy because of their mobile apps and whatnot collecting and keeping contact lists and information. Google was just caught for allowing user data to be collected wrongly from Safari and Internet Explorer users.