Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Need help choosing a strain.

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by dragonsblade80, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Hi, I live in a place where weed is a gateway drug, causes cancer, and supports terrorism, so I can't get a card or get a real doctor's advice. :( I've decided to grow my own medicine, but I'd like advice in choosing a strain.

My main motivation for weed is pain relief, secondary motivation for non-cluster migraines. I've been diagnosed with HME/MHE/MO/ME, and all i know is sometimes I get weed that helps my pain in various ways, although I've never encountered schwag (probably a mexican sativa) that helps.

Should I try to smoke Indica? Are there specific methods for growing or harvesting that impacts a plant's medicinal qualities? Could you guys recommend strains? Does anybody else have HME/MHE/MO/ME?

2. #2 sunnysidefarm, Jan 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2009
  3. trainwreck is awesome for my neuropathic pain. It's a sativa so it makes me awake and focused and I can still function.

Also try pineapple. Really awesome!

4. For heavy duty painkilling I usually suggest pure indicas, such as Afghani. The heavier the indica, the better the pain killing - of course the chances for couchlock are much greater too.

5. If your looking for pain relief i suggest indica dominant strains.

Look for a strain called Romulan. One of the best medicines i've had the pleasure of trying.
    Also, I find kush strains work well for migraines.

6. Thanks for the help. I had some trainwreck once and I don't even remember that week, so i have no clue if it helped my pain or not :smoking:

Where would I find some romulan seeds?

7. most likely from a Canadian seed bank (its a Canadian strain)