Need help choosing a strain

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Ill420, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Ive been looking for a strain that is decently low smell, indica, good yield, indoors, and stuff a beginner can grow. It will be my first time growing. I was thinking a NL variety, but I wanna make sure that since its not pure NL that the smell isn't a problem. One in particular I was looking at was Oasis which is Dutch Passions NL #2. If anyone has grown this or has any ideas please help. I was also thinking about WW, but I am not sure how hard that is to grow. So any imputs and any imformation you could give me would be a great help.

2. Get a carbon scrubber and increase your options.

-mu

3. I don't have enough money for one of those. And it doesn't have to be odorless I just wanna keep the smell within a room that is about 5'X8' and I only wanna grow about 3 plants.

4. You can buy a kilo of loose carbon for around three bucks. It's easy enough to jimmie something up with that, basically passing the air through it with a fan.

I really don't think there's such a thing as an odourless strain, and smell has a way of escaping through all sorts of crevices.

-mu

5. where can I get loose carbon at

6. I got mine through eBay, "Starfish supplies".

-mu

7. go to homedepot, they have 4, 6 and 8 inch inline fans, throw a piece of screening in between 2 of em, and a foot of the matching ducting and then the carbon between the 2 and you are set... they are a tad noisy because of the suction, but its a ton better than the skunk if you cant have smell. i added a bit of fluffy stuff like you would find in your sofa, just as a spacer so the carbon doesnt completey restrict the air flow
    like this {fan}:==carbon==:{fan}

the : are the screening, it all fits together nicely, ive made one myself, just gotta get the cool tubes to complete my setup. all together the 6 inch ones(250 cfm) and the carbon is like $65, the 8 inch that i think are like 450 cfm are like 33 each...

8. ^^hey deafin my style is different than yours I have a 5 gallon bucket, some filters,two jars of Activated Carbon and some Ona gel heres what I am going too do first soak the filters in the Ona gel then place one filter inside the bucket add some carbon then sandwich it then repeat the process then on the top put some cotton balls you think I should add the cotton balls inside the filter sandwhich or on top FYI im using one 449(6inc) duct fan as the ectractor should I drill holes on the bottom of the bucket or not sorry for the long sentence but it should make sense