Need help choosing a sleep aid

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Dreadhed, Feb 14, 2019.

1. You are so lucky- Maybe us oldtimers just biologically process our MMJ differently. Anyone else feel this way?

2. i understand. never mix acetaminophen and alcohol in excess. very, very bad. and you're also right about mixing meds. could be very, very bad.

i'm pretty clean. no alcohol, no prescriptions, and definitely nothing off the street. that's probably why a silly little benadryl will take me out.

maybe i should delete my so-called "remedy". wouldnt want anyone getting hurt trying to get a good nights sleep.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Right on SBM! I find that any of the purple strains also feel like Indica Light- many folks find the Purps to be heavy couchlockers- but not me....just a smooth mellow with GDP and the likes.

4. HAHAHa no benedryl is some pretty strong stuff when it comes to putting you to sleep, no matter how much hard drugs you take or took...*cough...here in Québec if you go to a hospital in some sort of crisis due to mental health issues, they will often give you benadryl if they dont have acces to your psychiatrist since they dont need a prescription to give it out...and it will most likely put you asleep..
    The problem i have from benedryl, aside from tolerance build up is Zombification during the next morning, thats why im looking for the Green sandman...which would be a great name for a strain

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. There isn't a strain of weed that makes people more sleepy than any other strain. It's all about the THC content and where our heads are at when we smoke it. If there was an especially sleepy weed then we would be able to identify the chemical in it that induces sleep and the drug companies would put that chemical in a sleeping pill.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Dont want to get into a whole argument here since the science on the entourage effect for cannabis is still in its early years (Dr Mecholam has been working on it for a while). But there are definetly strains (or genotypes if you really want to get into it) that make ME more sleepy than others. And BTW drug companies are working on that right now, they havent been in drugs until now sine cannabis research was mostly illegal in most countrys
    Not that THC has nothing to do with it...its just not as simple as that

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. I so agree- When it was originally designed as an allergy drug, you took it every 4-6 hours...but if you did, the blood levels would stay too high for way too long= Zombies among us!

• Like Like x 1
  8. i wasnt going to name a strain because it seems what makes me sleepy makes my wife's mind race and vice versa, however, i did see someone recommend kosher kush and i'd tend to agree with that if it's a true indica leaning pheno allowed to reach full maturity. ime the kk be loaded with "fuck it".

9. Well i think ill be ordering some KK, some 24k tangie x KK and some gigabud

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. yes, funny how people react differently. I have a grower and he grows Alaska TF for me. I had 2 lbs of it, but I'm down to 1 lb now. I can't smoke it at night. It hypes me up.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. It would be interesting to have genetic mapping done on some of these strains, we might all be smoking different variety's of ATF for instance, i know theres a guy doing this right now, i think he'S mapped like a thousand or so strains so far, and was pretty dissapointed in the results. He was personnally given 3 cuts of original blueberry from DJ short himself and the 3 plants were of totally different genetic makeup....makes you wonder

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. you can bet your last dollar that as soon as the fed govt gives cannabis a pass the universities, big pharma, and agriculture gurus will release their genetically sequenced and trademarked strains that are, and have been, developed specifically over the last decade. it's coming.

i digress. apologies for jacking up your thread. i hope you find the comfort of sleep that you seek.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. I think once genetic mapping becomes more affordable, we will discover that a Pandora's Box has been opened when it comes to what is really what, and some of the hype when it comes to the next best thing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. I make hash caps. WARNING:know your physiology. I have a good friend that was spun out for a couple days on my regular dosage

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. :love: :smoking:

• Like Like x 3
  16. ROFL ... I once made super brownies ( 8X strength ), which is what I need for a good dose at night. A Family member that does not have any tolerance, tried one and woke up after 1 & 1/2 days- had hangover for a day after that! I repeatedly warned him NOT to eat a whole brownie....but nooooo!

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. OK story time!

My first batch of brownies, I was in my early 20's and never had edibles before.
    I dont remember where I got all the info to make them but I remember reading not to eat more then one or two at the most and that it can take up to an hour to kick in. Anyway, I finish baking and have a friend over, we both down a brownie.
    After about an hour we do the "you feel anything?" and we both answer :no". Hmm maybe I didnt put enough in them? Lets eat another. About half an hour later still nothing, so we decide to split one more between us. So we are down to 2.5 bars each by now. and thats when the munchies kicked in.
    So we are hungry but no food in the house...except for....these brownies...we ended up eating half the batch, must have been 5-6 brownies each in total. About 30 minutes later we realized our mistake but it was too late lol.
    All I remember after that is trying to jam my head into the sofa in an attempt to escape reality and my friend laying on the floor chanting "no no no no noooo!" Shit lasted for hours and the next day we were both so zombified we couldn't do anything but do our best imitation of potatoes.
    Since then I have two rules when doing edibles:
    1. Never assume it didnt work before 3 hours have passed
    2. Always make sure you got plenty of food around, other then more edibles, to satisfy the munchies!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Thank god Cannabis is not dangerous.
    Can you imagine overdosing to that extent on any other drug...you'd either be having a seizure(s) or stop breathing. I've actually overdosed a couple of times on other drugs, thankfully they werent drugs that cut off respiratory function, except alcohol (which was legal...how stupid is that).

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Totally cool story- Some day, I will work up nerve to mention how my Frat. "initiated" us via some unique hazing traditions.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Would probably make a cool movie! :popcorn:

• Friendly Friendly x 1