Need help, can't identfy problem!!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by orangebudly, Feb 14, 2012.

1. I'm on day 15 of veg and my plants seem to be developing yellow spots. One of the 5 plants isn't growing very much and the bottom most leaves are yellowing. Another plant has one leaf with a curled and yellowing tip. The other plants seem to be doing fine. The plants haven't gotten any nutrients and I haven't been over watering (as far as I can tell). I checked the pH of the runoff in each cup and it's right around 7. I recently bought the biobizz starter set so if it's a lack of nutrients I can adjust it fairly quickly. The plants are under a 200W CFL and the temp. is always between 70 and 80 degrees with a humidity of roughly 50%.

Anybody have any suggestions on what the problem could be?

Attached Files:

2. looks like nute burn what soil do you have them in?

3. Yes, I agree with pinkbear. Def. looks like nute burn, try flushing it with filtered water or bottled water, if you aren't already, it should help.

4. I have them in "Compo Sana" dirt and have been using filtered water the entire grow. A friend of mine has used the dirt multiple times and it seems to do fine...

5. #5 swannsonite, Feb 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2012
    Honestly I wouldn't worry about it unless it spreads to 2nd set of leafs. I would try and get PH to 6.4-6.8 in the long run it will be much better for the plants. If your letting it get dry atleast an inch or two down before watering. I bet they grow out of it. From what Ive seen roots reach the bottom of those size cups pretty quick. I would recommend transplanting into a 1 gal root pot (there are many brands like this) less than 2$ and work amazing.