Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Need help..Cannaoil problem

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by reebby, Aug 15, 2019.

1. I have made cannabis coconut oil a few times but haven’t been able to try it out due to my job. I have had the amazing opportunity to try it finally! Problem is, I feel like it’s not working. I don’t smoke daily. My fiancé claims that he feels the high whenever I make edibles from the oil, but he also smokes constantly. Here’s how I did it...

26 grams of (really good) weed
    Maybe 1- 1.5 cups of oil

I decarbed broken down weed on 200 (I have a gas oven that heats from the bottom and it tends to burn things on the bottom so I set it lower) for about 35-40 minutes.

I used the mason jar method.. put the oil in with the decarbed cannabis.. sat in a pot half full of water on a low setting.. not sure if exact temp of the water but it never boiled. I left it for 2ish hours.. seemed to look like the other times I’d done it. Then I let it run through coffee filter, and squeezed it like crazy to get the rest of the oil. I tested a teaspoon...50 mins later nothing not even a buzz..and it let it sit under my tongue.

Is there any way to save my poor cannaoil I don’t want to waste that much weed.

2. First we need to figure out whether your decarb was accurate.
    At 200 F about 3.5 hours is needed for decarb in air, which is highly temperature sensitive.
    Your air decarb is about 20%.

Your water bath probably was around 200 F.
    Decarb in oil takes about 2.5 hours @ 240 F, but at 200 F it takes much longer, maybe as long as 10 hours.
    The 2 hr infusion at 200 F also partially decarbed about 20%.

If these estimates are correct, then your oil is only 40% decarbed righ now.
    To do the remaining 60% decarb in oil would need about 60% of 2.5 hours, which is about 90 min.

As a test you should bake about 3 doses at 240 F for 90 min, and see how you like it. The truth might be somewhere between 1 and 2 hours, so trial and error might be needed.

It's also possible that you are under-dosing.
    If 26 g of great 20% herb was used, then
    THC = 0.2*(26,000 mg) = 5200 mg
    Volume = 1 cup = 237 mL
    Potency = (5200 mg thc)/(237 mL) = 22 mg/mL

1 tsp = 5 mL*(22 mg thc/mL) = 110 mg thc

This would knock most people out.
    But if decarb was only 40% then you might've only gotten around 40 mg.
    If the herb is only excellent 15% thc, then you got closer to 30 mg.
    Different people have different inate tolerances, and yours might be high.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sorry for making you post all that... but I will keep all that in mind,so thank you!

Update: 1.5 hrs later and I’m... really high

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Are you saying it worked, you just didn't give it enough time?

• Like Like x 1
  5. My metabolism seems to be crazy and it can take a full three hours before I feel an edible. Glad to hear it worked.

6. Yesss lol! I’m actually higher now.. it’s been 3.5 hrs

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1