Need help Buying new glass 1000

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Chr0nix, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Hey I'm looking to buy a new piece for FLOWERS only, I use my rigs for concentrates--I've been trying to find the sg peyote pillar, shits like lookin' for a needle in a hay stack espically being up in Canada ;(

Any suggestions?? I've been lookin at the Mobius pieces as well as a couple of Motherships but don't really know a whole lot about them as far as flowers go..

This is my current glass (sorry for the dirtiness):

Attached Files:

2. #2 glass666shogun, Jan 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2014
    [quote name="Chr0nix" post="19411448" timestamp="1390771565"]Hey I'm looking to buy a new piece for FLOWERS only, I use my rigs for concentrates--I've been trying to find the sg peyote pillar, shits like lookin' for a needle in a hay stack espically being up in Canada ;(Any suggestions?? I've been lookin at the Mobius pieces as well as a couple of Motherships but don't really know a whole lot about them as far as flowers go..This is my current glass (sorry for the dirtiness): [/quote] Shop called liquid chrome has a peyote pillar. They're located in Canada and ship throughout North AmericaSent from my GT-S7560M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. sweet! i'll def check em out, based on taste what pillar is better the hollow foot or the straight??

4. If anyone has any experience with them both??

5. I've heard straight is better for flavor and hollow is better for function. but I've also heard that with the hollow because you have better function it creates better flavor. And on one final note from the research I've done anyone who has hit the straight and hollow I would say about 95% of them say to go with the hollow. I have never hit one but I love scientific glass and the peyote pillar is my dream piece lol so I have done a lot of research into them.Sent from my GT-S7560M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. #6 glass666shogun, Jan 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2014
    Also the shop I told you about has both straight and a hollow in right now. They're very professional either call or email them and they will send you pics of any piece you want. Staff is extremely knowlledable and friendly. I've bought all of my pieces there. Not to mention they were nominated for shop of the year, last year by AGE (I believe). And they are the only Canadian glass shop to have ever been nominated. Sent from my GT-S7560M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. damn dude thanks a lot for the info! much appreciated =)
    i'll most def giving them a call tmrw!

8. No worries man. I like glass, a lot... lol So I don't mind talking about it. The whole reason I joined this site was to find some answers to a piece I was interested in. Sounds good though man. They're open until nine tonight I believe... But they're open until nine tomorrow as wellSent from my GT-S7560M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. I just got a mobius matrix bubbler a couple weeks ago and it's a lot smoother than my old illadelph bong was (may it rip). I don't know if your still interested or if this helps.

10. looking for any excellent flavor piece, so far everyone says the pillar is the piece when it comes to taste

11. I had a Toro circ to frothilator shrub, and that piece was great for flavor, and functioned amazingly! Not to mention it was half the price of the peyote pillar. But hey man, if you have the coin for the peyote pillar and are willing to drop the coin I say go for it lol Although as I previously mentioned that is my dream piece, so I'm a little biased lol Sent from my GT-S7560M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. [quote name="450outlaw" post="19411840" timestamp="1390775806"]I just got a mobius matrix bubbler a couple weeks ago and it's a lot smoother than my old illadelph bong was (may it rip). I don't know if your still interested or if this helps.[/quote] I had one of those as well, and it was a blast! Great for flower. Definitely a nice piece for flower that also offers good diffusion for the price.Sent from my GT-S7560M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. But in comparison to the pillar how does it hold--mind you I haven't hit either of them and am coming off my illadelph beaker w/ a/c combo which I think is smooth as hell lol, i'v just googled a lot about the "best tasting" and the pillar keeps getting mentioned everywhere I look.

14. [quote name="Chr0nix" post="19411998" timestamp="1390777277"]But in comparison to the pillar how does it hold--mind you I haven't hit either of them and am coming off my illadelph beaker w/ a/c combo which I think is smooth as hell lol, i'v just googled a lot about the "best tasting" and the pillar keeps getting mentioned everywhere I look.[/quote] I have hit the matrix and it was great, but I liked my Toro better. If I had the choice I would pick the Toro over the matrix anyday. But that's my opinion. BUT if I had the choice between the matrix, the Toro circ to froth, or the Peyote Pillar, I would trade the matrix and the Toro plus cash to get that pillar! It's function is unreal. SG is an amazing scientific company and the peyote pillar has stood the test of time! There's a reason why they're so hard to find. Sent from my GT-S7560M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. #15 MooseyPoo, Jan 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
    What's the allure of such expensive pieces? I'm not trying to start an argument, but just curious behind people's reasons for wanting one. Better high? Better flavor? Artistic value? Thanks ^_^ :smoke:

16. #16 glass666shogun, Jan 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2014
    [quote name="MooseyPoo" post="19412082" timestamp="1390778047"]What's the allure of such expensive pieces? I'm not trying to start an argument, but just curious behind people's reasons for wanting one. Better high? Better flavor? Artistic value? Thanks ^_^ :smoke:[/quote] I've heard this point many times. Why pay so much for a bong? Because you really do pay what you get for. Quality, function, and appeal. Sure your $60 China bong gets you high. So do joints. But does it function as well as my pyrology? I will tell you that it doesn't. There's a reason why you pay that kind of money for a piece. It isn't a "placebo" effect. It's just the truth. A person who knows glass and has had experience with high end glass will tell you it's no contest. Also it's a cleaner way to smoke, and you do enjoy it a lot more. It's like asking someone why they bought a Ferrari instead of a Ford? Because they can afford it and they want something that does more than just gets them from A to B. Valid question sir!Sent from my GT-S7560M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. Makes sense, thank you for your thorough response. :) :smoke:

18. [quote name="MooseyPoo" post="19412197" timestamp="1390778956"]Makes sense, thank you for your thorough response. :) :smoke:[/quote] Lol No worries. I have a tendency to ramble... And you're welcome :)Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. #19 Chr0nix, Jan 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2014
    I wish I could share some tokes :p

just cant explain the rips a scientific bong gives you.. the rips are smooth almost like dabbing but instead your using flowers

20. Agreed^Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app