Need Help Buying Grow Room Items

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Men, Jan 18, 2013.

1. I am looking to spend about $300 or less if possible. I found a grow tent: Amazon.com: LEDwholesalers GYO1001 62-Inch x 36-Inch x 20-Inch Mylar Reflective Hydroponic Grow Tent: Patio, Lawn & Garden

But I really don't know what else I need for a hydroponic setup. It will be based in my closet. If you could post links, or tell me exactly everything I need that will all work together that would be appreciated. This will be my first attempt at growing. This will be for personal use, I just graduated so I am still living with my parents.
    I was thinking about these seeds: Flash Seeds - Cobra Autoflowering

2. dont do hydro first. it never works out the first time. grow in soil. what were you thinking for lights? 3 options cfl, led, mh/hps. your going to need fans to cool the lights. nutrients. all sorts of stuff. look up on google growing weed for under 100. theres a free pdf book that shows you day by day grow all set up for 100.

3. I have to disagree. DWC is much easier than soil if you have a meter (but dose require more money to run).Fixing a problem take only seconds.

4. Have to say I started hydro learned that and i did great you can do it faith in u.. Just read and do home work I used advanced nutrients basic stuff few adds good results just keep the bucket clean and roots happy that's all and follow directions your good.. Good luck

5. Oh and growth rate by far better then soil I did out door this pass summer by far dwc was great to me

6. It seemed easier to me too. I did fail after a month. That was after a year plus of readin, and quite a few soil grows inside and out. Root rot is a huge issue. And that is the difficult part I was referring to. Haveing to clean and swap water everyday until it clears up. It gets hard. It could just been me. I know some people can just pick it up and do great, but not everyone does. Just didn't want get turned off growing because dwc didn't work. I would suggest try rdwc with each plant having its own bucket with air stone inside.

7. Yeah that's what I did each plant has there own 5 gallon bucket..

8. If your budget is $300, then hydro will take up a good chunk of it. Grow tent is unnecessary unless your closet is the size of a room, one way or the other you have to ventilate the closet so why bother with the tent? That's 2 big chunks of your budget that could go towards a better light, fan, and filter.

Eh, I'm just focused on yields. You'll get more with HID and dirt (search "sips") than you will with hydro and cfl. I've run with limited budgets and to me it's all about focusing my resources where they'll bring me the biggest return. But that's not the only reason people grow, if hydro seems like it would be fun for you then it's a good investment.