need help building grow cab

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by joe_fresh, Jun 18, 2010.

1. hello

i was thinking about builing a grow cab in my garage for breeding, keeping males...ect because i cant risk having that in my house where my actual grow is.(dont want to fuk my harvest up..)

so i was wondering in order to be able to produse atleast 1000 seeds every run how many/how big should my mother plants be? i need to know this so i can focus on how big to build the box.

lighting will be nothing special, i got an extra 1k mh and a 400 hps with a conversion bulb. im thinking of using the 400 so i wont need any cooling just proper ventilation, i was thinking of having 1-3 males at any set point in time and would also like to be able to do multiple breeding projects at a time(maybe produce 2-3 diff types of seeds).

my goal in this would be to make as many high quality seeds as possible, then give 1/2 of them away to ppl i know, friends, and others who want and deserve free seeds, the other half will be tossed around in feilds in hopes that maybe 10 years down the road we can have wild weed plants naturally breeding everywhere. i figure a few 1000 seeds should do the trick.;):D

so anyways, back to the topic. i need to build a grow cab.box for breeding, and i wouldnt mind a bit of help/advice on what i should do. i am a man that has an ease with larger grow builds, but i find things get a bit tricky when builting cabs that have to be ABSOLUTLY light tight.

this cab must also be as cheap as possible to build, as i dont have much money right now.

thx for all your help/advice

2. 1000 seeds is alot. And the throwing the seeds in the fields, you obviously have to take into effect that it is almost late june, it would be hard to start an outdoor grow process this late, but as far as the growbox, with 3 mother plants, ranging up to 7ft tall, 4 feet wide, with 2 ft atleast in between, youd need a grow box about 8 or 9 feet high depending on your lighting, about 20 ft wide possibly.

3. yeah for the outdoor seeds thing thats a long term project, in my head if the weed grows "wild" and they have problems eradicating it, it wont be so weird to have some in your backyard...sure it would help to have other ppl doing the same....but i figure one person is better than none....and i plan to chuck these seeds next fall, not this one, that way the following year only the strongest ones will survive.

and i dont have that much space to play around with, thats why i said a grow "cab"...im looking more at the range of 6x6x7(LxWxH)..or something along those lines...if i could get smaller then i certainly would, its going to be in my garage and i want it to be 100% light proof and air tight(smell) for my carbon filter

4. joe! good to se ya, been a minute..of course i'll drop in man!:hello:
    alway's interesting talkin to joefresh:D

1000 seed's huh?
    so a breeder box then..
    to house select females to seed and males in the same area?
    damn you got room..lol
    6x6 is 36square feet..thats enough room..
    should get over to my gas chamber, new grow tent over there..
    6.5 x 6.5 x 6.5..everything you need for 200 shipped...40 sqaure feet..
    or if you want the cheapest way..go panda film and wood frame..
    i'd use the 1000watter you got..hps or mh will be fine for making seed stock..dont matter really..
    its not about lumens anymore anyways..nanometers and color wave lengths are much more acurate..
    there is a ceramic metal halide from phillip's out now..
    it spectrum is off the hook..
    52 buck's a bulb and only run in a 400watt hps or 250 system(magnetic)
    ballast only..
    they say there 400watt is equal to the growth of a 1000watt hps..the spectrum really is fantastic..best hid ever made so far..i'm switching two of mine out with those..
    that would save you some power cost..

your going to need to split the cab or tent..
    males need to be seperate upon flower from each other as well..
    unless your just working with one single strain...say a male and a bunch of clones off the same mother..
    then splitting the setup can be worked around..

5. "should get over to my gas chamber, new grow tent over there..
    6.5 x 6.5 x 6.5..everything you need for 200 shipped...40 sqaure feet.."

im on my way, ...200 shipped, thats about how much it would cost me to build...just the frame...no equipment, but if i can get this with minimal work(stoner) then its a great buy

i was thinking of trying to find one really good male, and keep the male in there and when its time i just set the timer to 12/12 and grab 3-4 diff species of female and put them in the cab with the male, then i have 3 diff choices with the same male, seed stock m x a, m x b, b x c.....M being the male...then choose only the best male offspring and cross it with the selected female (A, B or C...which ever i like the best), and once i get a cross i really like that hold all the traits i like then i will only breed it and no other till i have sufficient quality seed stock to start a new breeding project, i dont need 10 dif strains, one really good one will do.....and once i have them in the wild i figure nature will do the selective breeding for me and only the strongest plants will survive....at least thats what i want to do....gotta start learning how to breed somewhere, i like the hands on aproach, i just dont want to risk the pollen getting in my house and infecting mu sensemilla crop if ya know what i mean...

thx for the help custom....your good at what you do ;)

6. thanx joe...
    your doing exactly what i'm doing with my hashberry x satori cross...just on a bigger scale..
    i got one hashberry pheno female, two satori pheno's female, and a choosen HB male..
    doing a controlled method in my grow among many plants but only working with a hand full of seed's vs a thousand or more..wow! awesome idea but i'd grow them in a flood plain for best success rate outdoors....a shallow flood plain..like edge of river swmp or isolated pool off something tidal that is freashwater is great...something kinda dry but does flood in about once every week-week and a half..
    we did this in fl swap's in the glades back in the day..leave a crop after getting them started and dont come back only to weed out males ...really self sufficient..
    ya you can get slightly low balled for these tents and still pick up that size for 250$ online..
    led wholesaler's is were i got mine..

7. "should get over to my gas chamber, new grow tent over there..
    6.5 x 6.5 x 6.5..everything you need for 200 shipped...40 sqaure feet.."

im on my way, ...200 shipped, thats about how much it would cost me to build...just the frame...no equipment, but if i can get this with minimal work(stoner) then its a great buy

i was thinking of trying to find one really good male, and keep the male in there and when its time i just set the timer to 12/12 and grab 3-4 diff species of female and put them in the cab with the male, then i have 3 diff choices with the same male, seed stock m x a, m x b, b x c.....M being the male...then choose only the best male offspring and cross it with the selected female (A, B or C...which ever i like the best), and once i get a cross i really like that hold all the traits i like then i will only breed it and no other till i have sufficient quality seed stock to start a new breeding project, i dont need 10 dif strains, one really good one will do.....and once i have them in the wild i figure nature will do the selective breeding for me and only the strongest plants will survive....at least thats what i want to do....gotta start learning how to breed somewhere, i like the hands on aproach, i just dont want to risk the pollen getting in my house and infecting mu sensemilla crop if ya know what i mean...

thx for the help custom....your good at what you do ;)

8. u oh joes high again lol :p:hello:

9. i never stop being me...lol

honestly speaking though...i smoke alot of weed, but it really healps me out...not sure what to call it medicaly speaking....i have an extreme short temper, loose my fuse and see red over nothing, my adrenaline starts pumping over nothing....weed slows my heart rate and relaxes me, when im high i can got to "level 9" of anger/stress mode and im cool, without weed i couldnt go past "level 4"...before there is holes in the wall, my 1200$ cpu in 6 peices...ect.

not sure what to call it and if getting a medical card would help i would, but the way i see it if i had a medical card, i have a feeling they would find me and shut me down....just some paranoia....but i get that feeling that the gov't uses that list to know who is and who isnt growing.....

kinda like the canadian gun registration, registering your guns so the cops know what your holding in your house before they get there....ive had the cops say to a judge that they refused to enter my fathers home because they have on the cpu that my dad owns multiple.........hunting rifles...lol

10. :hello::smoking: i could tell..honestly i do too....lol hahaa between the two of use med shops prob lock there doors when they see us comming..lol
    lol god they dont want to come banging down my door then...lol
    i collect fine steel weapons , swords and shit..gun's and other shit..hanging every were as decor...lol
    good weed too..i collect that as well..lol