Need help box to house inline fan

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by whiteorchid, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Need some help.
    If anyone knows of the best way to build an acoustic box to house my inline fan in order to reduce the noise and vibrations of my fan. I have a silencer comming and acustic duct this should help with noise of air in and out. I think the box im trying to find is called a Hushbox. I have tried hard to research this but am comming to a dead end if anyone knows or has build one PLEASE HELP!!!!:(

2. If can't find anything bro juss a box of preferred size fill it with a blanket or tha packing chip things

3. thanks have read the gardenscure post. The reason i wanted to house the inline fan is to reduce the vibration. I want to build the box line it with acoustic foam and hang it from the roof of my cab via bungie straps as i have seen this process works for vibration of the fan. Wanted to see if anyone eles had luck with this box build b4.:)

4. I would imagine that hanging you fan on bungee cords would go a long way toward reducing vibration...

Every fan and mounting location is a bit different...you'll probably have to experiment a bit with mounting methods to come up with your ideal vibration solution...it depends on how much noise you are willing to live with as well...

I wish I could offer you a perfect solution, but unfortunately I can't...sorry...in my last room I had all my fans rubber mounted to the trusses in the attic...worked well enough for me...

Maybe someone with a set-up similar to yours could offer you more help...

5. thanks IgnorantFool just used the bungee and no vibration noise.... $5.00 very happy