need help blades

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TnBaked, Jun 6, 2012.

1. First time grow in my closet ive got 2 23w 6500k bulbs 2 in from 4in pots filled with 2 germed bagseeds and miracle gro moisture control i always water to 1/3 runoff amd i have a usb fan going on them 24/7 havent sprouted yet its day 3 but everytime i come home n check em the soil is dry as hell whats wrong blades

2. Miracle grow sucks ass....dont use that crap.

3. 1/3 runoff sounds like a lot u might be overwatering and you're gonna need more than 46w for 2 plants

4. Correct. Bare minimum is 100w for the first plant an 50 w for each additional plant.

5. Well fuck me im still cornfused as to why the soil is drying out everyday ur saying i dont have sufficient lighting so whats make the damn soil so dry

6. Hiya guys :wave:

that fan you have wear does it point directy to?

They do have a point about the miracle grow though..
    many bad reviews on that.
    But chances are you fan is blowing on the soil and drying it out..

point the fan off to the side and water it.. she will sprout under that light..
    And with two if one is male youll end up with one anyways.. so thats not a issue..

Patience you must have;)

7. Yeah it was blowing right on em i moved fan ans opened closet door

8. You should be good now...
    As they said once she sprouts look into better soil my man...

:D

9. I thought mg moisture ctrl was good shit lol can anyone suggest a soil i can find locally eg lowes home depot

10. You may be fine man.. some do grow in mg soil...
    The issue that some have is its to hot...meaning to much nutes in the mix..
    so you could prol just mix it with reg organic Mg when you transplant

11. I would put a sandwich bad over your pots with a rubber band to hold in place. This with boost the humidity and help from drying out. Plus atm you don't need much light, you will only bake your baby. A little light to keep your soil nice n warm is good.

12. And i opened the door moved the fan and unplugged one of the lights i got home n one is sprouted i thought about the bag but wouldnt make the plants hotter bc tht closet is hott

13. well most growers will use the bag tenique...
    But new growers i dont suggest it..If its to wet you will rot the seed and it wont sprout..
    And having a light on is good, you dont want that lil baby to sprout then stretch before you get light on her.. so put that light about 8" above her, keep the fan off of her and water only when she needs it.. let it get kinda dry before you water again..
    This will make the root system grow faster and stronger..
    Your in good shape now my friend...Congrats

14. You dont really need a fan for a couple weeks until the seedlings are sprouted and roots established. unless you have to keep the temp down, hold of fon the fan that cuold be contributing to the drying soil. Moisture control my ass! lol maybe yo have to THOROUGHLY water then lightly water thereafter?

15. Returned from work one sprouted one didnt plugged second bulb back in and kept closet door open w fan blowing due to humidity amd heat

16. Turned both lights back on focusing on only one plant abt 1" now with 4leaves lookin good i wld post pics but worried of geotaga

17. turn off gps and location settings

18. Good idea thanks bro

19. Plants abt 1.75" tall now one big set of leaves 24/0 lighting its day seven how long should i veg this plant beforr going 12/12 with the 2700k bulbs

20. Hey Congrats on your new baby!