Need help asap!!!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Marijuanafarmer, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Im a beginner on growing. I've tried in past and plants have reached to second set of leaves and would fall over and die. Very thin stems.

Now im trying again and just had one seed germinate. And now planted .
    Need help before get sprouted up!!!!

2. Get better airflow...a gentle breeze will thicken the stems. Your stems could have also been weak and thin due to stretching from poor lighting.

3. If they're falling over that soon this ^^^. Check your lighting...do you have enough? Are your lights too far away?

Also...are you over watering them, and what kind of temps do you have?

4. Okay. Well the lighting situation im wondering if like a heat lamp or something would work?
    Im working with hardly no money.
    No I only water the way they should.

5. No...a heat lamp will kill your plant...

You can try a few CFLs, they're relatively cheap...try for about 100W actual, not equivalent, minimum for one plant...

6. Alrighty well I think I have one are two florecent lights that what you mean?
    Ya as of now I only had one seed.
    Need some more..

7. No need to get more seeds until you are set up to grow plants properly...;)

Fluorescent lights can work, depending on the type and the wattage...T5s are the preferred ones...what kind are they?

8. Alrighty.
    Not sure what they are. Pretty good looking lights though.

9. Alright...not to be rude, but you should really try to do some research before you sprout seeds...

You don't know what you're gonna do for lighting...well...this might help...http://forum.grasscity.com/lighting/263178-all-about-lighting.html

What are you doing for ventilation/odour control?
    What medium are you growing in?
    What are you going to use for nutes?
    Do you have size limitations in your grow area?

10. Catchy name. If you want to live up to it start reading.

11. I have done research and still am Constantly.

As for all of that.
    Ive been using fans.
    Using good topsoil witn sand mixture
    Nutes not sure.
    No size limit.

Im looking for a teacher on this. Id like too actual get this going. The plant is a beauiful thing.
    And also if anyone had extra supplies they could spare would greatly appreciate that!

This is why I joined this site. too meet people to help.

12. [quote name='"IgnorantFool"']Alright...not to be rude, but you should really try to do some research before you sprout seeds...

You don't know what you're gonna do for lighting...well...this might help...http://forum.grasscity.com/lighting/263178-all-about-lighting.html

What are you doing for ventilation/odour control?
    What medium are you growing in?
    What are you going to use for nutes?
    Do you have size limitations in your grow area?[/quote]

Agreed. Learn and acquire basic necessities BEFORE planting seeds. Start reading through the stickies in the beginner section, all you need to know to get started in there. If you dont even know about proper lighting, youve got some serious reading to do. You have to do your homework if you want to succeed.....there are ways to successfully grow on a tight budget, but if you dont have the basic knowledge, it wont go well. No one here will walk you through your entire grow by telling you what to do every step of the way or answer basic questions which can be answered by reading the stickies or using the search function. You will get a lot more help if you've shown youve done your homework and then ask informed questions. Good luck, and happy studying.

13. [quote name='"Marijuanafarmer"']I have done research and still am Constantly.

As for all of that.
    Ive been using fans.
    Using good topsoil witn sand mixture
    Nutes not sure.
    No size limit.

Im looking for a teacher on this. Id like too actual get this going. The plant is a beauiful thing.
    And also if anyone had extra supplies they could spare would greatly appreciate that!

This is why I joined this site. too meet people to help.[/quote]

The experienced folks on here will happily help those who help themselves....you dont need a teacher, nor will you find one here. Everything and i mean everything you need to know is already right here on the site.....it's up to you to do the work and learn. I spend 6 months studying and getting my grow lab together before i started......theres no shortcuts my man, we all became successful growers by putting in the time.

14. Ill take everyones advice and read and study this whole site.

15. If you came to GC to be spoon-fed knowledge and to be given free growing supplies, you are going to be disappointed.

16. [quote name='"Marijuanafarmer"']Ill take everyones advice and read and study this whole site.[/quote]

Thats the right attitude....its a fantastic resource. Good luck :)

17. No I didnt join for that at all

18. Relax no one is attacking you. We are all pointing out that you got over zellus and started before you had enough knowledge. You are not the first one to do this. In a year you will see the same type post and relay the same info in your own way.

19. I thank you all for the quick replies and understand what your saying.

20. Exactly...:)

You will find lots of helpful people on GC...it's a wonderful community for a grower...

Personally, I enjoy helping people with their grows, but like shova said...help those that help themselves...

Not knocking you...enthusiasm is great...just trying to save you from making some of the mistakes I made when I was learning...;)

I grew for years and years before I found GC, and I've probably learned more here than I was able to through all my years of trial and error...I'm jealous of those who get to start growing with a wonderful pool of knowledge like this available...