Need help, are they ready for harvest or will they revert back to vegitative stage

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by aero77, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Started plants in January via aerogarden. Then transplanted and moved them outside a little less than 3 months ago and I live in Santa Cruz California. Looks they've been in flowering stage for a while now and I'm wondering what to do next, have the been in flowering stage to long? Do I need to move them to 12/12 and finish out flowering stage? Are they already ready for harvest? I just fed them some blood meal today, Please help, I've attached pictures.

Attached Files:

2. where did all their leaves go? and damn, thats an early harvest.

it looks like you could go another couple weeks.

3. Did you cut away all your leaves before you wanted to harvest it?

Thats not good man

4. I started them off in an aerogarden that may have hastned the harvest. I only pulled the leaves off when they were dead. I think I may have not fed them as much as they needed. I gave them a little blood meal today. What should I do next? I would like to get a couple of clones of them before I harvest or is it to late?

5. I was wondering that too ..where're all the leaves?

Anyway to answer your questions:
    No, they haven't been flowering too long.

No, they don't need moving to 12/12, they're already flowering so whatever cycle you're giving them now is fine by them.

No, they're not ready to harvest.

The hairs (pistils) are all still white, you want to wait until about half, or a bit more than half, have turned dark. Just keep doing what you're doing and watch those pistils.

I don't think you want to be using blood meal during flowering, that's high in nitrogen and is more appropriate for veg. Bone meal is more recommended during flowering coz it's high in phosphorous.

GL man, looking good!

EDIT:
    I just saw your post about wanting to take clones. I don't see anything to take right now, you'd be better to cut the plants back when you harvest them and then reveg the plants. Then you can take clones off the new growth if you want.

6. I'm little concerned right now because I'm in the longest daylight period of the year, about 15/9 hours. Is this going to throw them out of flowering? Also now that I gave them blood meal how long should I wait to give them bone meal?Thanks for your replies.

7. if there are only two plants
    and if you got the extra 3 minutes a day

go out and buy two trash can (rubber) bins and put them over the plants.
    you can get good bins for around 10 to 15 dollars.
    then control the 12/12 that way.

those plants are not ready for harvest at all. give them 12/12 for 3 weeks and post some pics. then we will know:wave:

8. I agree it's a good plan except they're already flowering, if they're not getting 12/12 now what's making them flower?
    They've been outside for 3 months and they're flowering fine. They don't look like they need 12/12 (although it certainly wouldn't hurt them if they did get it).

Maybe they're autoflowering, I dunno???