Need Help! Air Ventilation and soil!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Deleted member 585036, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Hi, I'm preparing to start my first major grow with 6 plants in a 48" x 48" x 79" grow tent with an aircooled 600w mh + hps grow light. How far away should I put my lights and what size air filter should i get for it?
    Also, what kind of soil should I get for the seedlings? I can't spend much money, so I would prefer something where I don't have to constantly change the brand of soil. Thanks!

2. Dr earth soil is organic and good all the way through, has Ferts in it to last about 2 weeks. I keep my 600w hps 18inches above my girls. Don't have a MH bulb for veg :(, temp is between 66-82F.

3. do you have your exhaust fan yet? when you look for filters, look for the cfm they're designed for. if you have a 400cfm fan pick a 400cfm-designed filter. etc

4. I don't have the fan yet. I'm wondering what size I get. Ex: 4" , 6"

5. I'd go 6 inch just so you won't need to upgrade if u ever upgrade your tent size. Buy for longevity

6. Get a 6" with a speed controller. You could get away with a 4" but better to be safe and get the 6" with the speed controller. If you have an air cooled 600w you can probably put your girls 12"-18"away from the light, depends what kind of air cooled hood it is