Need Help/Advice Building Attic Grow Room

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by TXSourDiesel, Dec 16, 2009.

1. I am converting my attic into a grow room. it is a large attic but i will be converting an 8X12 area into its own grom room the roof angles at its tallest point it is just short of 8 feet tall at its lowest point around 6 feet tall in the middle of the designated area is an external vent i have access to power, water, drainage, and a/c i am about to make a trip to home depot to price out materials but i need advice on how to go about the venting i have no experience in building a venting system only used a plug and play i will be insulating and sheetrocking the grow room and tapping into the A/C water and drainage. I will be using Rumpleforeskins Bubble buckets i will be starting with 3 plants i need suggestions for lighting and venting, keep in mind after first harvest i plan to bump up to 6 plants or whatever i feel comfortable with after the first grow

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated:smoke:

2. bump need advice this thing is already in motion

3. For a small amount of venting, google search installing attic fan.

For normal people with normal houses, installing an attic fan that is temperature controlled is a good way to lower attic temperatures. They usually come on around 90 degrees or whatever. That would be a good starting point.

Also, you could google attic bathroom vents DIY. A lot of bathrooms duct up into the attic to vent - you could try borrowing ideas from those articles.

4. thank you thats a good starting point ill get checking on that

5. I use a small window a/c and space heater in mine. you can keep your temps right that way. I also sealed the room and pull air from the house with a 6 in pipe,your equipment dont have to work so hard that way.:cool:

6. ya thats true i planned on pulling from the house as well and i have a perfect size space heater and fan for it thanks for the advice

7. How is your attic grow going m8, i 2 am in the process of converting my attic into a grow room as i have everything from my first grow. Apart from a room or attic, then i needs 2 think about the water as i have a DWC and a 4 pot wilma system and am not sure which 2 use, first of my first grow was bagseed under a 600HPS and i was getting high temps so i invested in a extractor fan with speed/temp and a cooltube. And as my bageed nearly finished up my new seeds came But i didn't get chance 2 try em due 2 the Law(Da miss's) but since a lil persuasion All is go happy days. So as i have about 2 meters allready boareded out in the attic im thinking will this be good 4 my 1meter tent and provides the space i need. Also there is a extraction fan/sleeve sucking from the house any thoughts would be greast or advice thanx dude happy growing

8. TXSourDiesel hasn't been active since 2009. think your outa luck. i would of went with a higher CFM exhaust

9. [quote name='"69Bandit"']TXSourDiesel hasn't been active since 2009. think your outa luck. i would of went with a higher CFM exhaust[/quote]

Ohh yea i see now lol, thanks tho