Need help 6 day old plant

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by etstop19, Mar 26, 2012.

1. ok so i have a problem im not sure if these plants are growing correctly.
    i have some links to the pics of the plant the first pic is super silver after 3 days the second is the same plant after 7 days it has 2 tone colors

the third is a pic of top 69 after 4 days

the 4th pic is bubblelicious after 3 days

and the 5th is my setup

the humidity is usually 43% and the temp 78

i leave a t5 light on 24hours a day

am i doing something wrong

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. What kind of soil are you using? Have you fed any nutes yet

3. nope no nutrients and im using happy frog organic soil

4. here are some new pics of them
    1st super silver 13 days
    2nd top 69 10 days
    3rd bubble 9 days

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. No one knows what could be wrong with them or if they're fine

6. Hi

I'm no expert, but I've been browsing a lot. Looks to me like something definately should be done.

Do you have a PH meter? It wouldn't hurt to check the PH of your soil and water.
    Tap water is not ph neutral everywhere. Looks like lack of N caused by the PH being off. If you haven't used any nutes, maybe your water source is the problem. It sure looks a bit like one of them is suffering from nute burn already.

What kind of lights are you using? If they are hot, maybe keep them further away.

7. yeah. what lights are you using? mine are almost 2 weeks old and they are green as a moldy piece of meat that was left in the fridge for 2 years.

8. yeah my ph is 6 i measure it everytime i give them water and not tap water but from a spring bottle of water. im using t5 flouro the temp is always aroung 77-78 and the humidty is from 36-39%. im using happy frog soil which i was told had enough nutes for seedlings.

here are some more pictures of them and their stem. its really long and skinny.

and to me it looks like the only messed up leaves are the older ones and when i first begun i was over watering but the new leaves look ok

top 69 also seems to be doing fine

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. [quote name='"etstop19"']yeah my ph is 6 i measure it everytime i give them water and not tap water but from a spring bottle of water. im using t5 flouro the temp is always aroung 77-78 and the humidty is from 36-39%. im using happy frog soil which i was told had enough nutes for seedlings.

here are some more pictures of them and their stem. its really long and skinny.

and to me it looks like the only messed up leaves are the older ones and when i first begun i was over watering but the new leaves look ok

top 69 also seems to be doing fine

[/quote]

They look fine, other than the leafs that have yellowed outer edges. In my opinion, you are correct in the fact that the damage is a result of over watering.

10. thanks for looking im going to keep updating the pics everyday or so because this is my first grow and i really want them to come out straight any tips would be much appreciated tho

11. The leaves are yellow from lack of nitrogen. You need nutrients. Tap water would better than your spring water, use tap water.

12. needs nutes. lackin nitrogen

13. From what I know it's dangerous to feed nutes if PH is off, and plants that young shouldn't be getting nutes either.

It's natural that the bottom leaves turn a bit yellow, it looked kind of early though. And the one that looks like nute burn doesn't look good.

You say your level is 6, but according to the attached chart that's good for hydro, but on the low side for soil. I believe you should buy a PH up and adjust your water and your plant will no longer lock out the N.

Attached Files:

14. i rechecked my ph and it is actually around 6.5
    i dont know whats wrong
    does anyone know how to add nitrogen?
    and also what will happen if my plants continue like this?

15. I highly doubt a lack of nitrogen. The soil should supply any that a plant that size needs. This has to be something else. Are you over watering? How close are the lights, could they be bleaching them?

16. Ok then..

Either way I wouldn't add any nitrogen or any other nutes this early.

Especially without balancing PH. Recently had the problem myself.

Good luck!

17. Don't check the water going in so much as the water coming out of the pot. Looks like a nutrient lock out to me. Water can go in at 6 and come out at 4 you feel me. Over watering is droopy not yellow.

18. the thing is there is 3 different plants and 2/3 have the lighter leave problem the other doesnt and i know i over watered the super silver in the beggining and the bubblelicous a bit 2.
    my lights are 7 inches from the plants
    and i only water now after 2-3 days when the pot feels really light
    my lights are also on 24/7 i was going to switch to 20/4 but was told not to because they would start flowering

19. Whoever told you 20/4 will flower your plants must be slapped. 16/8 probably won't even flower them. I'm a fan of 18/6. Overwatering can cause problems like this. How long ago did you notice you were overwatering? Have you corrected your habits? Roots need oxygen, roots grow in search of water, and constantly moist soil will rot the roots. Three reasons why your soil must dry out completely between waterings. Completely. If you wait too long to water, they will tell you by wilting. Then once you water they will perk right back up. Underwatering is much safer than overwatering.