Need Harvesting Advice

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by rlw, Oct 5, 2002.

1. I have a plant that a friend gave to me a couple months ago. He was growing indooors and didn't have room for this one, so I told him I'd "help out" (heh, heh). The plant is located in the Mid-Atlantic region of the US.

Anyway, I'm wondering if it's time to yank this rascal and get on with the best part of this whole ordeal - the smoking, of course. Instead of trying to describe the current condiiton/look of the plant, I've attached some pictures so you can see for yourself if this thing is ready to go. I know *I'm* getting a bit anxious...

This is a pretty wimpy plant, but it's all mine and I want to get the most out of it that I can, so any advice or recommendations are greatly appreciated.

TIA,

-RW-

Attached Files:

2. Well nice plant, but I don't think its ready for harvest yet.

Seeing this pic I think she started flowering bout 3 weeks ago.

You know wot kinda strain it is? I doubt, but I tgink its kinda indica like .

Grtz El_Funt

3. Strain? Not sure, it's a mutt <g>, but I'm thinking more sativa-like considering the shape of the leaves. I've heard Indica has a broader leaf, is that true? It's probably bagseed my buddy had layin' around. Smells kinda nice, a little sweet and fruity. Teeny buds, though, probably from being too far away from the indoor lights.

It started budding about 4-5 weeks ago, so you're 3 week guess was a pretty good one. I guess I'll try to keep it around for a few more weeks, just gotta keep an eye on the weather. One cool thing, it's in a big pot so I can finish up the grow inside if need be...

Added another picture - this one I call "Bogart Bee", heh, heh.

Attached Files:

4. Leave until those buds are bigger than the bee!

5. Yea its too early to cut the bitch, wait a few more weeks

6. I agree with everyone else, let it grow ;)

7. Bigge the buds,Better the buzz

"say it 5 times real fast while stoned"

8. Mate thats not a bad effort,i have no idea what strain that is but i reckon it should be an ok smoke.Good onya mate and keep up the good work.I will send in a pic of my durban poison hobby as soon as it is ready ok. seeya